Skip to content

MegaMod 3.13: Mazzy Romance, Clara NPC, Darkside Anomen, Flying Aerie, For The Evil, & more! (DONE)

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Ratatoskr That's exactly it. Thank you for the help.

I have to say, I love how active you and @BCaesar are collectively in this thread.
    Caszidy
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 452
    skusha wrote: »
    BCaesar
    If in the future, there will be a separate story for Clara with quests and a complete Clara romance with the main character, it will be just delightful! For earlier, thank you so much.

Sorry, Ratatoskr and I are pretty adamant about no Clara romance (there is a way to sleep with her already, but it doesn't qualify as a romance), but we've got more banters written and a quest or two in the pipeline.

The next mod post will be the Neera-Minsc romance (written and coded because we can), and then that bug fix above. Should be out soon, just waiting on my fixed and shipped computer arriving back so I can test Ratatoskr's code.
    ThacoBell
  • skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    edited August 2020
    BCaesar wrote: »
    Sorry, Ratatoskr and I are pretty adamant about no Clara romance (there is a way to sleep with her already, but it doesn't qualify as a romance), but we've got more banters written and a quest or two in the pipeline.
    Any new content for Clara will only be a joy to me. Especially a new story about her and quests. :) Thanks.
  • Ryz009Ryz009 Member Posts: 100
    edited August 2020

You inspired me, there's now an (evil) Clara quest in development, but no promises on when we'll finish it. I really want to finish Flying Aerie first (luckily that's mostly written and half coded and won't take long; Flying Aerie is a small production compared with either Mazzy or Clara).

Evil Clara. I am enticed :D

God I love evil comps so much.
    Ryz009 wrote: »
    Evil Clara. I am enticed :D
    Clara looks very authentic with her original character, and if the new quests reveal her character in a new way (and it doesn't matter if the good or bad side of her character will dominate), it will be another advantage of this mod, and I express my respect to the authors!
    Timbo0o0o0
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    @ThacoBell You're welcome. And I think we're both just still amazed that we have fans. So we gotta make sure you're happy :).

And @Ryz009, I'm not sure it's an Evil Clara quest so much as an evil quest involving Clara. Though honestly, she's already evil. She's too much of a liar to be anything else.
    ThacoBellRyz009Caszidy
    edited August 2020
    Clara can't be a liar! She's a SIlvershield. I know because she told me herself.

*edit*

Of course you still have fans! Setting aside the monopoly you have on Mazzy romances, its very well written, and even comes with friendship paths, banters, a new npc with their own banters. Soon to be Aerie path, etc. There's a LOT of content here with consistently good writing.
    RatatoskrCaszidy
  • Ryz009Ryz009 Member Posts: 100
    Ratatoskr wrote: »
    @ThacoBell You're welcome. And I think we're both just still amazed that we have fans. So we gotta make sure you're happy :).

And @Ryz009, I'm not sure it's an Evil Clara quest so much as an evil quest involving Clara. Though honestly, she's already evil. She's too much of a liar to be anything else.

Oh you know me. I always like my extra evil though :P

And for me liar is more on the neutral spectrum. :P
    @Ryz009 "And for me liar is more on the neutral spectrum. :P"

Spoken like someone on the evil spectrum :D
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Clara can't be a liar! She's a SIlvershield. I know because she told me herself.

*edit*

Of course you still have fans! Setting aside the monopoly you have on Mazzy romances, its very well written, and even comes with friendship paths, banters, a new npc with their own banters. Soon to be Aerie path, etc. There's a LOT of content here with consistently good writing.

Thanks. I think it helps that there's two of us. Two is enough people to provide quality control but not so many that it becomes a group project. And since we both are involved in the writing, editing, and coding it gives us twice the perspectives in fixing bugs or writing dialogue (as opposed to one person only writing and one person only coding).

Since the start when I foolishly said, "Why don't I mod a Mazzy Romance, how hard could it be?" I've been trying to purposely pick projects that there's some existing demand for. Glad to see it's working.
    ThacoBellRatatoskrTimbo0o0o0Caszidy
    @BCaesar It's a good thing there's only two of us. We already managed to have serious arguments over commas and vocabulary without more people chiming in :smile: .
    Timbo0o0o0ThacoBell
    Hi folks. Just posted another version of the mod. Got that bugfix in and some extra random content to break the game even more :)

Changelog:
    A. Main Mod: Mazzy
    1. Fixed crash in Friendship talk about Imoen
    2. Extra bonus content with Mazzy's mother for Imoen and female CN romances

B: Main Mod: Misc
    1. Minsc & Neera: ~22 Talks (because BCaesar is an incorrigible matchmaker)
    2. Neera-Aerie: 1 Talk

C. For the Evil: Things get a little dark.
    1. Fixed some errors with the .tra files.

D. Optional: "Do NOT allow duplicate TOB epilogues" component.
    - If you install this, AllThingsMazzy epilogues will override the standard TOB epilogues and most mod epilogues. If you do not install this, you will get multiple epilogues where applicable. Either way, the AllThingsMazzy TOB epilogues should always play if triggered. (This will not stop other mods from turning off the standard epilogues and you may still get duplicates from other mods installed after ATM).
    megamike15ThacoBellCaszidyFina92
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    thats alot of Neera banter. i thought that was for Minsc and Aerie for a second.

i'm pretty sure i already had that friendship talk. [Jaheira had an interjection during it so i assume that was it.] and it played out fine for me.

@megamike15 It was only broken for certain options. And the Neera thing is entirely BCaesar's fault :)
    megamike15
    well mabey getting some minsc and aerie banter is in order now.
    edited August 2020
    @megamike15 It was only broken for certain options. And the Neera thing is entirely BCaesar's fault :)

Remember when I said I chose projects that there was demand for? No one has ever, ever asked for a Minsc-Neera romance, it's one of those things you secretly want but don't know it until you see it :D . I didn't even know I wanted it until I wrote it.
    megamike15 wrote: »
    well mabey getting some minsc and aerie banter is in order now.

In the next few updates there's about to be a ton of Aerie content (yes, including at least one more Minsc-Aerie talk). Flying Aerie is 100% written; we're just in the editing phase, and it's more or less the next thing on the coding list (there's a few more Clara banters too).
    megamike15ThacoBell
    i never knew i wanted a minsc neera romance until today.
    what exactly does allthingsmazzy's epilogues overwrite? her ascension epilogue? or more like the ones from imoen romance which has ones for aerie?
    It's a pity that this update doesn't include new content for Clara. :(
    @megamike15 If you don't allow duplicate epilogues, ATM will override any epilogues that are coded the usual way, mod or otherwise. This should include things like Ascension and the Imoen romance ones, but only for characters that actually have new epilogues in our mod. That's currently just Mazzy and Anomen depending on your choices.

The amount of possible epilogues is going to increase a lot soon, which is why we added that optional component. You may still be able to get duplicate epilogues from some mods if they're coded differently or installed after ATM and this won't stop other mods from turning off the standard ones.
    megamike15
    edited August 2020
    It's a pity that this update doesn't include new content for Clara. :(

Currently Ratatoskr and I are editing Clara banters and the like so likely some of those will make it into the next post.

We finally figured out how to successfully code a Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity for BG2. BG1 already had that girdle and BG2 even had an unused copy, but if you tried to put it in the game the gender-change effect would always crash the game. It took us until know to come up with a work-around. So that has/will be going in to Clara and Mazzy dialogues where the dialogue said it should.

I've also been coding more prostitute stuff for For The Evil so that'll be in the next post. That's just increasing the number of prostitutes you can sleep with in the game, and of course accounting for all the NPC romance reactions to you trying to sleep with the prostitute, which is somewhat tedious (lots of trigger combinations to code and test). Some NPC's don't care, some NPC's do care, some NPC's like the idea. One pirate courtesan and one bridge prostitute are already in the game. The docks harlot is fully coded but not posted yet, and I'm hoping to have the rest of the Bridge District prostitute done by the next post too. Then I just need to write up something for Bertrand the Companion.
    @megamike15 If you don't allow duplicate epilogues, ATM will override any epilogues that are coded the usual way, mod or otherwise. This should include things like Ascension and the Imoen romance ones, but only for characters that actually have new epilogues in our mod. That's currently just Mazzy and Anomen depending on your choices.

The amount of possible epilogues is going to increase a lot soon, which is why we added that optional component. You may still be able to get duplicate epilogues from some mods if they're coded differently or installed after ATM and this won't stop other mods from turning off the standard ones.

It took me far too long to figure out ATM stood for and thus what you were talking about :D .
    Caszidy
    Currently Ratatoskr and I are editing Clara banters and the like so likely some of those will make it into the next post.
    The good news tonight :) I look forward to watching the next update.
    I have one more thing to ask you. Do you plan to add some content for Jan Jansen to your mod?
    This character is very charismatic and I think it's a big omission that there is so little mod content realized for him. :(
    edited August 2020
    The good news tonight :) I look forward to watching the next update.
    I have one more thing to ask you. Do you plan to add some content for Jan Jansen to your mod?
    This character is very charismatic and I think it's a big omission that there is so little mod content realized for him. :(

I love Jan, but I find him really hard to write for; he requires a level of talent I often can't reach. Every so often though something for him just writes itself. His dialogue with Mazzy in our mod is possibly my favorite, and he's got a few interjections in our mod here or there that I really like. We've written a couple more banters for him that should be included soon.

I like a lot of the NPC's in different ways, but I find Jan, Minsc, Neera, and Imoen to be the most entertaining. Crazy amuses me. That neither Minsc nor Jan ever got a romance seemed a giant shame to me. I'd do either :) .
    ThacoBell
    edited August 2020
    del
    edited August 2020
    Jan ever got a romance seemed a giant shame to me. I'd do either :)
    For those players who like to play the main character as a dwarf (like me), it is generally unfair that there are practically no romances for this race. :( It would be just great if Jan had a romance with another NPC.. :)
  • selflessheroselflesshero Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020
    Not sure how you feel about others helping out, but I'm willing to assist/donate time.

My primary areas of expertise would be in dialogue between characters. I professionally write romance novels aimed at men full time for the last five years.

I've clocked in twenty-three best sellers at this time.

I'd be primarily interested in fleshing out Clara or giving her a romance. She seems like an under-served character that could easily be given content.

Feel free to contact me if you're interested, I'd be willing to share my pen-name and examples of my work. :)

Edit: Yes, I made this account specifically to post this message. The mod is that interesting to me.
    I'd be primarily interested in fleshing out Clara or giving her a romance.
    I support it at all! A complete romance for Clara would just have to be realized! As well as a separate story about her in the context of Hexxat's murder and further events that will follow in Clara's life as a full-fledged NPC, but already separately.
    I professionally write romance novels...
    Maybe you can write some romantic story for Jan, too? It'd be great to have a story like that released. :)
    Wait, what? Did I enter Bizzarro world? Was the romantic encounters mod stealth installed?
    So, Imoen is just bi now? Like, out of NOWHERE. She is hitting on Mazzy, ALL halflings are apparently into wild sex, any relationship with Mazzy would now have to be shared with Imoen? On top of that, BG1 is retconned and Imoen and Alora were apparently an item, AND Imoen slept with literally half of Gullykin? Like, no buildup whatsoever, just BOOM, sex sex sex sex. Did Roxxanne come on as a guest writer or something?
    megamike15
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    Wait, what? Did I enter Bizzarro world? Was the romantic encounters mod stealth installed?
    So, Imoen is just bi now? Like, out of NOWHERE. She is hitting on Mazzy, ALL halflings are apparently into wild sex, any relationship with Mazzy would now have to be shared with Imoen? On top of that, BG1 is retconned and Imoen and Alora were apparently an item, AND Imoen slept with literally half of Gullykin? Like, no buildup whatsoever, just BOOM, sex sex sex sex. Did Roxxanne come on as a guest writer or something?

Sounds hot. :)
    Mothor wrote: »

Sounds hot. :)

Sounds like Sandrah :(