Skip to content

MegaMod 3.13: Mazzy Romance, Clara NPC, Darkside Anomen, Flying Aerie, For The Evil, & more! (DONE)

Comments

• RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 709
    Yeah.... it's gonna be awhile. Apparently the fully modded pre AllThingsMazzy install I had saved is also broken on the Solar talk in the exact same places, which shouldn't be true if our mod broke it for you. So I'm going to have to start a fresh install and see what happens.

Oddly, when I had Mazzy in my party, the final Solar talk worked fine, even though it shouldn't have based on what I'm seeing here. So if anyone else gets this glitch in the meantime, try bringing Mazzy along :grey_question:
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 449
    edited August 2020
    BCaesar wrote: »
    Ratatoskr wrote: »
    Okay, the Aerie thing should be an easy fix. I just mismatched the globals. Still have no idea what's up with the other issue though. I'm trying to wipe it back to an older install and seeing what breaks exactly.

Aerie-Jaheira's talk at the start of Flying Aerie, of course. I had the same idea but you beat me to it. Ok one bug fixed, one to go. Unfortunately I can't help with this other but because I don't have whatever mod is combining with ours to beak the final Solar talk. So Ratatoskr will just have to figure that one out herself.

Luckily she's brilliant.

Good luck guys! It's nice to see some behind the scenes with the mod. Didn't know it could be so stressful.

Ok question. What is Imoen's response to the Solar when the Solar asks if she wants to keep the romance (as close as possible to her exact line)? The Imoen romance introduces a whole bunch of options there (in the normal game Imoen just gives it back) and I bet that's combining with our mod to do something wonky.

If I know which tree I'm looking at it'll help me narrow it down.
    Lysandroth390
    Okay, the Aerie thing should be an easy fix. I just mismatched the globals. Still have no idea what's up with the other issue though. I'm trying to wipe it back to an older install and seeing what breaks exactly.

Aerie-Jaheira's talk at the start of Flying Aerie, of course. I had the same idea but you beat me to it. Ok one bug fixed, one to go. Unfortunately I can't help with this other but because I don't have whatever mod is combining with ours to beak the final Solar talk. So Ratatoskr will just have to figure that one out herself.

Luckily she's brilliant.

Good luck guys! It's nice to see some behind the scenes with the mod. Didn't know it could be so stressful.

Ok question. What is Imoen's response to the Solar when the Solar asks if she wants to keep the romance (as close as possible to her exact line)? The Imoen romance introduces a whole bunch of options there (in the normal game Imoen just gives it back) and I bet that's combining with our mod to do something wonky.

@Lysandroth390 Nevermind, I installed both Imoen romance and ours and looked around and it all seems fine. My bet is now a new NPC mod.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    there was a time where if imoen's romance variable was like 4 it broke the solar talk. as it was the " you broke the romance " variable. and it had no solar talk for that one compared to 3.

but that was fixed awhile ago. i think what happened was you have an oudated version.
    Lysandroth390
  • Lysandroth390Lysandroth390 Member Posts: 40

Luckily she's brilliant.

I don't know, I never had a romance with Imoen, I hate Lannisters. And with Aerie, I'm not sure If there is a talk between her and Imoen because I didn't bring Aerie with me to the final boss. I could try to do that If It helps

Luckily she's brilliant.

@Lysandroth390 Nevermind, I installed both Imoen romance and ours and looked around and it all seems fine. My bet is now a new NPC mod.

The only new npc mod I had installed was the Lava's Skie mod
    it might be npc flirts. that mod causes conflicts with other mods.
    megamike15 wrote: »
    there was a time where if imoen's romance variable was like 4 it broke the solar talk. as it was the " you broke the romance " variable. and it had no solar talk for that one compared to 3.

but that was fixed awhile ago. i think what happened was you have an oudated version.

I am pretty sure I am with the version 3.0, which I think is the latest.
    @Lysandroth390 Aerie stuttering was a completely unrelated issue. Took like 2 seconds to fix :). I'm gonna keep digging, but I'll let you know if any other information might be useful. We appreciate the help.
    Lysandroth390
    megamike15 wrote: »
    it might be npc flirts. that mod causes conflicts with other mods.

I thought that too. But when I unninstalled the whole game and installed all the other mods except for npc flirt, It had the same problem. Only if my saved game got messed up, which I don't think It's the case because it worked fine when I Unninstalled and reinstalled again until I installed All Things Mazzy
    @Lysandroth390 Aerie stuttering was a completely unrelated issue. Took like 2 seconds to fix :). I'm gonna keep digging, but I'll let you know if any other information might be useful. We appreciate the help.

No problem! Glad I can help. Have nothing but respect for modders that makes content for a 20 year old game.

No problem! Glad I can help. Have nothing but respect for modders that makes content for a 20 year old game.

Fixed it! It had nothing to do with any other mod. We left an !IfValidForPartyDialog check off of Clara's final talk. So if you didn't have Clara the game broke. So we'll post a new version of the mod with this fix and the Aerie fix (and some new content since we've finished some since last time).

To update just uninstall AllThingsMazzy, delete the old AllThingsMazzy folder, move in the latest AllThingsMazzy folder, and then reinstall. Ratatoskr will post here once she updates it and then you'll be good to go.
    megamike15Lysandroth390
    edited August 2020
    Well... @Lysandroth390, you said uninstalling our mod didn't fix the issue? This Clara thing was definitely a problem but removing our mod should have solved it. Unless that glitch somehow interacted with another mod to completely break the game. Which is possible :)

So, maybe I'll post a new version with corrections and the Russian translation of 2.08 since I have it, and you can see if that solves your issue too? I'm still planning to do some digging to see if I can find out why my Solar file got so messed up.
    megamike15

Fixed it! It had nothing to do with any other mod. We left an !IfValidForPartyDialog check off of Clara's final talk. So if you didn't have Clara the game broke. So we'll post a new version of the mod with this fix and the Aerie fix (and some new content since we've finished some since last time).

To update just uninstall AllThingsMazzy, delete the old AllThingsMazzy folder, move in the latest AllThingsMazzy folder, and then reinstall. Ratatoskr will post here once she updates it and then you'll be good to go.

sounds exactly like the issue tashia had. her not being in the party breaks the solar.

Nevermind we'll wait on the new content since we've almost finished Flying Aerie and want to release that all together. But she will post an updated version with the bug fixes.
    megamike15
    Well... @Lysandroth390, you said uninstalling our mod didn't fix the issue? This Clara thing was definitely a problem but removing our mod should have solved it. Unless that glitch somehow interacted with another mod to completely break the game. Which is possible :)

So, maybe I'll post a new version with corrections and the Russian translation of 2.08 since I have it, and you can see if that solves your issue too? I'm still planning to do some digging to see if I can find out why my Solar file got so messed up.

Sure, is the update already out? If so tomorrow I'll test it
    edited August 2020
    Not yet. Soon. I'm having reinstall issues on the game in general.
    Lysandroth390
    Okay, there's still something wonky in my install but it only seems to be affecting my ability to see the game code, not the game itself. So I have gone ahead and posted an updated version. This is identical to version 2.08 except for the following changes:

Changes:

1. Should fix bug with end of TOB if Clara wasn't in your party
    2. Fixed some numbering issues on Clara's kicked out dialogue in SOA
    3. Fixed a stuttering issue with our Aerie-Jaheira talk in TOB
    4. Fixed a typo in our Aerie-Viconia Talk
    5. Fixed some of the triggers in Clara's banter file
    6. Added a Russian Translation

@Lysandroth390 If you want to test this version at some point, that would be great. It fixed the final TOB issue for me, but I want to make sure that it fixed yours as well.

The next big update is probably still a few weeks out. We almost have Flying Aerie finished and we'd like to post that all at once. BCaesar plans to code a few more Clara banters as well.
    Lysandroth390megamike15
    Okay, there's still something wonky in my install but it only seems to be affecting my ability to see the game code, not the game itself. So I have gone ahead and posted an updated version. This is identical to version 2.08 except for the following changes:

Changes:

1. Should fix bug with end of TOB if Clara wasn't in your party
    2. Fixed some numbering issues on Clara's kicked out dialogue in SOA
    3. Fixed a stuttering issue with our Aerie-Jaheira talk in TOB
    4. Fixed a typo in our Aerie-Viconia Talk
    5. Fixed some of the triggers in Clara's banter file
    6. Added a Russian Translation

@Lysandroth390 If you want to test this version at some point, that would be great. It fixed the final TOB issue for me, but I want to make sure that it fixed yours as well.

The next big update is probably still a few weeks out. We almost have Flying Aerie finished and we'd like to post that all at once. BCaesar plans to code a few more Clara banters as well.

It's working! Thank you so much for the fix. God I'm tired of hearing mellisan's Voice.
    @Lysandroth390 Happy to help. I'm glad it's working.

And I feel you :) I think I saw that final battle 40+ times while testing all our epilogues. I've hit the point where I just cheat-kill my way through all the fights and sometimes I mute the game entirely ;-p.
    Lysandroth390
  • skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    BCaesar plans to code a few more Clara banters as well.
    And perhaps Clara's new quest, why not? :blush: Very much I would like that.

• lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    edited August 2020
    I have a question regarding the final confrontation against Bodhi at the graveyard district. Actually it is more of a story about why I do what I do, but this mod covers a lot of characters so this is where I am telling it. I've often allowed bodhis abduction of that one NPC which is so often written into a romantic characters story. I don't really want the abduction to happen because it means a not insignifigant loss of quest experience points for the abducted, and makes the battle itslef that much harder. I know that I could cheat by kicking the intended abductee, but the thing about that is that I don't really know what the mod author was planning for that character. So I let the abduction happen, because I expect it is the proper way for the character to proceed, and I don't assume the person who wrote the character has planned for players that will cheat the Bodhi abduction in that way. I really don't know what I'm missing out on, but I am too concerned about breaking the plot to try. I think what I'm trying to ask is if there are any wrong choices in any of this?
    Post edited by lollers on
    @lollers I believe most of the abductions can't be avoided, unless the mod specifically allows it, because that's the way the original game romances were coded and most people follow that pattern. If you skip it by kicking the character, it tends to break the romance.
    But quite honestly, we didn't want to code that and hate things that break the romance easily, so we didn't do it that way :) The Mazzy romance actually starts after the abduction would have happened, so it's not really an issue there. And if we ever do code a Clara romance, we'll probably try to avoid the abduction somehow too.
    Lysandroth390
  • lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    Thank you. I can only guess at the number of people who accidentally broke a romance because of something or other. Jaheira in particular is absent many times.
    yeah you can't really prevent the bodi nap. it's there to show you that the romance is working.
    @lollers I believe most of the abductions can't be avoided, unless the mod specifically allows it, because that's the way the original game romances were coded and most people follow that pattern. If you skip it by kicking the character, it tends to break the romance.
    But quite honestly, we didn't want to code that and hate things that break the romance easily, so we didn't do it that way :) The Mazzy romance actually starts after the abduction would have happened, so it's not really an issue there. And if we ever do code a Clara romance, we'll probably try to avoid the abduction somehow too.

A Clara romance!? That would be aweasome!
    A Clara romance!? That would be aweasome!
    +1 :wink:
    BCaesar, Thank U so much! The long-awaited content for Clara! IT's Amazing!
    And new Clara's quest is already in progress or only in plans for now?
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    Dear authors, dear fellow players, dear potential players

I recently finally manage to find enough time to finish my playthrough with this mod (sorry I mean MOD!) and I just came by here to express my admiration for it and in the same time I want to recommend it to basicly ANY player.
    It's been almost a two decades since my first playthrough of BGII and I always felt like it's a such a shame that our halfling paladin never has a romance. By years there were multiple tries, but with no success and it sometimes really almost felt like a "Mazzy curse". And this is a reason why I so much admire the work, effort and a huge amount of their free time @Ratatoskr and @BCaesar put into this MOD.
    This really feels like a dream come true.
    The writing of the MOD is really satisfying and greatly expands the story and characters (hell it basicly became two NPC MOD with content for Clara), even though for someone it could feel like some characters are little bit out of their original attitude (which definitely didn't bother me ;)
    I really recommend this MOD to anyone. Even to those players that don't like Mazzy, because this MOD contains such ammount of content, that it's almost gargantuan :) You can basicly never pick up Mazzy and still get more new content, than from most of other NPC mods. And the best part of it is that the authors are still developing the MOD and adding new content.

So again big thanks to the authors for their amazing work!

PS: sorry for my lame english expressing o:)
    ThacoBellmegamike15