Skip to content

Graphic issues with created bam-files. Need Help!

Alexander12Alexander12 Member Posts: 38
edited August 2020 in General Modding
Hi, could anyone advise me please about bam-files.
Sometimes, when i import a new bam-file to the game, spots around the image appear:
02d89cd595cc.jpg

8f2eef58fe41.png

It doesn't happen with every new image/bam. And i can't understand, on what it depends.

I don't know if i create bam-files properly, but this is my way:
1)I have a png-file painted
2)I place it on a completely black background and make bmp-file with proper size (about 55х55 px) and save with 32 bit in photoshop (i have tried another parameters, but it don't help).
3)I upload this bmp to DLTCP and make bam-file.

It works well very often and most of the images look well. But sometimes there are black spots. As i understand, black background works as "chromakey", and game and DLTCP delete it, but sometimes not completely.

I found a solution - i compress bmp file in MS paint to 256-colored bmp. Black spots disappear afterwards, but the quality suffers. Sometimes it is not seen, but in this case, for example, it is not pleasant:

76732c75766d.png

Do you have any advice?

I have a programm bam workshop. But when i import bmp or png to it and save as BAM, DlTCP can't open it afterwards((.

Post edited by Alexander12 on

Comments

• Daeros_TrollkillerDaeros_Trollkiller Member Posts: 326
    BAMs in BG/IWD, etc... are limited to a 256 color palette, which is why you are running into issues. Try creating them as a 256-color image to start with and that should resolve your issues.
  • Alexander12Alexander12 Member Posts: 38
    BAMs in BG/IWD, etc... are limited to a 256 color palette, which is why you are running into issues. Try creating them as a 256-color image to start with and that should resolve your issues.

Unfortunately they all are painted in this way, but thanks for advice.