Skip to content

Question: I've seen the wiki list a lot of party interactions. Is that in the base game? Mods?

I was doing some reading on the wiki while I couldn't play, and saw lists of 'relationships' I had never seen. I'm using Ajantis here as an example:

https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Ajantis_Ilvastarr

Some were combinations I hadn't used before, like one I saw was having Ajantis, Xan, and an evil party member, where Ajantis would attack but Xan can talk him down. I use Ajantis a lot, so I made a not to try this combination out. But then I notice it lists Ajantis having a thing for Dynaheir and compliments her, and I've used them together before and don't ever remember this. Is this new to the Enhanced edition? A mod? Is the wiki just wrong? I was thinking of trying to experiment with some of these combo's, see what I could find out, but I know I've used some of these combinations and I have no idea what these 'relationships' (as the wiki calls them) refer to half the time. I admit to some confusion here, and was hoping someone could help clarify this. Thank you for your time!

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    There's not much intra-party dialogue in unmodded BG1. However, there's a very popular mod (the NPC project) which adds BG2-style banters and quests for the companions. I'm pretty sure the Ajantis/Dynaheir interaction being referred to is from that.

As for Ajantis and evil party members ... some inevitably lead to fights, some don't. In my latest run, Ajantis got along with Kagain and Shar-Teel just fine.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,059
    edited September 2020
    No, all of the ones from the wiki are from the very, very brief mentions of comments party members might make to eachother, and thus in the vanilla game. You may not ever see them, but there is a chance they could happen. None of it is sourced from a mod's take (Nor should it be!)
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    the "banter." in un modded bg 1 is very minimal it's mostly one liners like " i don't like you." and the other character tells the one that said it to shut up.
  • odessa333odessa333 Member Posts: 59
    Hm, I'll have to experiment more than. Like I said, I know some of these combo's I've not used, yet others I know have and I don't recall these. If it's just a blink and you miss one line that the wiki reading a lot into, that would explain things.
  • Adam_en_tiumAdam_en_tium Member Posts: 99
    I think the characters also need to be close to each other in your party composition for the banters to trigger. In BG1 at least...
    Or am I wrong ?