Skip to content

Custom soundset strref

CyrusJVCyrusJV Member Posts: 36
Okay i have the wavefiles set up, created a ssf file, and now editing the soundset.2da file.
But what do I have to fill in as the STRREF ?

When I duplicate the STRREF from an existing voiceset then I can use the new soundset in the toolset without problems, but in the actual game, the voice refers back to the voiceset from the STRREF i copied.
Post edited by CyrusJV on

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    Did you try entering **** as the strref?

According to the Custom Content Guide, that should result in the label being used as the description instead,but I haven't tried it.
  • CyrusJVCyrusJV Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2020
    Hi. I tried **** but hen the custom soundset doesn't show up in the toolset. I don't know what i'm doing wrong.
    Well, the CCG might have been wrong about this particular 2da, which is only mentioned in a list that allegedly don't need a strref.

Short of making a custom talk table, maybe you could search the official dialog.tlk using tlkedit for a string which approximates to the description you want. After all, the string is only used in the toolset, not in game, so any arbitrary string might serve?
    Well it works in the toolset without a problem. The voiceset shows up and the correct soundfiles are used. But in the actual game, The npc uses the already existing soundset (from the STRREF) and not the custom soundset. If I use a new strref or **** it doesnt show up in the toolset, so I cannot use it.
    This is really beyond my experience, but I've read that the process for NWN2 given in the following link also works for NWN1, again asserting that strref **** should work. Maybe something else is wrong with your mod?
    https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/other/making-custom-voiceset
  • ShadooowShadooow Member Posts: 402
    edited September 2020
    I can confirm that RESREF **** in soundset makes it not to show up in soundset list. At least in NWN-EE toolset, haven't tried in vanilla, but I had no reason to expect this is regression.
    CyrusJV wrote: »
    Well it works in the toolset without a problem. The voiceset shows up and the correct soundfiles are used. But in the actual game, The npc uses the already existing soundset (from the STRREF) and not the custom soundset. If I use a new strref or **** it doesnt show up in the toolset, so I cannot use it.

Then use text that is not already referenced for vanilla soundset. I used random texts from dialog.tlk to avoid using custom tlk and it worked without problem for me.
    Thanks Shadooow, that did the trick! It is all working now. The Strref needs to be a text not assigned to any other soundset.