Skip to content

Preorder right up to the 29th?

Not sure how preorders work when release dates get pushed back so wondering does this mean as of right now we have a month still to preorder? I wanna preorder but can't afford right now.

Comments

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    No. You missed your shot. You're never, ever going to be able to preorder. You're out of luck, sorry bud.

...I'm kidding, of course you can still preorder up until then. :)
  • TroikaTroika Member Posts: 36
    Why would you want to preorder right before the release anyway?
  • Peteed1985Peteed1985 Member Posts: 63
    Quartz said:

No. You missed your shot. You're never, ever going to be able to preorder. You're out of luck, sorry bud.

...I'm kidding, of course you can still preorder up until then. :)

Sweet thx :)
    Troika said:

Save like $2.
    Also the forum badge, not sure why anyone cares about that one but some people actually do.
    edited October 2012
    The preorder is $19.99 on beamdog at the moment. Isn't that the final price?
    Troika said:

The preorder is $19.99 on beamdog at the moment. Isn't that the final price?

Hmm, odd. I'll admit I haven't exactly gone checking the page constantly. Yes, that would be the final price.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited October 2012
    Troika said:

To show support for the developers. When the next project comes along, they can say "Look at how many pre-orders we can get", which can help this company get licenses and better deals for making more games like Baldur's Gate in the future.

Remember, this is a new company trying to get their foot in the door. If you said you didn't want to pre-order from EA, then I would understand.
    edited October 2012
    I actually did preorder about a month ago for the reasons you mentioned. But while lending them some money by preordering is alright, what really matters are the total sales, preorder + postrelease.

The preorders don't really make such a big difference compared to buying the game postrelease. The only case where it would make a huge difference is if the game turned out to be a dissappointment what of course would cause a drop in post release sales.

Don't get me wrong I'm really looking forward to the game and want it to be successful (can't wait for ports of the other infinity games and maybe modding tools). But if I try to view it from a neutral perspective it just doesn't make much sense to buy a cat in a bag right before the release date.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited October 2012
    Publishers really like pre-sales. 20,000 pre-sales are more important than if those sales waited for post-ship sale.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited October 2012
    Troika said:

In addition to what everyone else has said, those who have pre-ordered will be allowed to pre-load the game a few days early instead of downloading it at the same time as everyone else. You won't be able to play until the release date (each install needs to be activated once), but you can read the new manuals early. :D
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Also, I believe there is also the time value of money. Money now > money later (even though interest rate is nearly 0% right now).
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Don't forget the all imortant BGEE Supporter badge that will make non pre-orderers "vomit with envy" (quoting Phillip Daigle).
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    You can't get that one anymore. All pre-orders after the 18th earn the Pre-order badge (bronze, 49 points) instead of the Supporter badge (silver, 50 points). Supporters can get both if they pre-order again. <_<
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited October 2012
    Trent actually tweeted a few days ago that preorders are reaching a critical number and was asking everyone to preorder. My bet is that he's using preorders to prove a point to the IP holders.
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    I'd do another preorder, but I only need one for PC, just gonna have to wait for Android.