Skip to content

The creativity thread!

JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
A thread for sharing whatever your creative mind has created!

I've seen people create some really cool stuff here in different threads. From paintings to battle-vests to maps for Heroes 3. So here's a single thread for whatever creative stuff you've done and feel like sharing. Whether it's photos, clothes, songs, drawings, fan-fiction, sculptures or something else.

Personally, I'm mostly into art and illustration and you can always check out my stuff at Deviantart or Instagram if you want.
semiticgoddessThacoBellFinneousPJRik_KirtaniyaJuliusBorisovBlackbɨrdArvia

Comments

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    Here's one of the pieces of music that I've been working on.
    JoenSoÆmrysJuliusBorisovArvia
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    Very nice, @Rik_Kirtaniya ! Are you thinking of adding more harmonics to it or do you prefer to have it a bit more minimalistic like it is now?
    Rik_Kirtaniya
    edited June 2020
    JoenSo wrote: »
    Very nice, @Rik_Kirtaniya ! Are you thinking of adding more harmonics to it or do you prefer to have it a bit more minimalistic like it is now?

Thanks @JoenSo! It's been just a few months that I got an actual synthesizer piano, which lets me make music properly with a DAW (earlier I used to tinker around with Bandlab, but it was very limiting), so I'm still experimenting with various styles. I feared I would make a mess if I tried handling too much at once, hence the minimalist style, but I would definitely love to add more harmonics, a string section assist (you know, that nice violin and cello music you can have in the background), and probably some beats, when I learn more and get a bit more experience working with it. I am also learning music theory when I get some time off my med school studies, so I can improve my music.

I have more stuff that I worked on, but I didn't consider posting them on YouTube before. Will upload them gradually as I manage to polish them better. Still learning about using velocity curves, sound gates and compressors.

I also love playing the strings section with my synthesizer (using a MIDI VST, of course), and also have a couple of those posted on YouTube.
    For example, here is an Egyptian vibe desert temple ambiance kind of piece.

@DragonKing Oh man, that's definitely some nightmare fuel material. You should definitely make a digital rendition of that one! It would be pretty great.
    JoenSoJuliusBorisov
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @DragonKing Is that a representation of depression? Just looking at it reminds me of stuff I've seen people close to me go through. It both makes me sad, and want to help.
    @Rik_Kirtaniya I'm thinking you can just add some bass notes on the piano there, and perhaps gradually build up the piece until some strings come in. My music theory is a bit rusty at this point, and unfortunately I've never been very good at composing anything myself.
    Rik_Kirtaniya
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    @Rik_Kirtaniya
    I've actually started value painting it.

@ThacoBell that's one way you can view it.
    ThacoBellRik_Kirtaniya
    @Dragonspear As someone who is obsessed with knowing the correct answer to everything, art being subjective just kills me. Would you be willing to share what the piece means to you?
    Yes @Dragonspear, we all hunger for the meaning!
    Adam_en_tium
    DragonKing wrote: »
    Yes @Dragonspear, we all hunger for the meaning!

Wat. But you posted it. Oh. OH. I really hate the forums auto-fill when tagging. Guess I'll leave it up so theae couple posts still make sense...
    SkatanBelgarathMTH
    Those are amazing @JoenSo! Love the colours and the expressions on them! (My only complaint is that Pikachu's eyes look strangely elongated.) Did you draw them on paper or on a digital software?

@Blackbɨrd So much for a beljuril... :D
    JoenSoBlackbɨrdJuliusBorisov
    Thanks @Rik_Kirtaniya ! Yeah, Pikachu didn't come out the way I wanted. Usually I try to look at drawings through a mirror to spot any weirdness at the sketching stage, but forgot it this time. And those three are drawn on paper with ink!
    Rik_Kirtaniya
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    edited April 2021
    Post edited by Blackbɨrd on
    Here something I never finished and I'm not sure if I posted it here.

d72la22q1w18.jpg

@ThacoBell
    Wouldn't me giving you my meaning if it completely ruin the meaning you've already attached to it? Remember I come from a fine art background so I am quite use to watching other people establish their own ideas and emotions to my drawings.
    MoomintrollThacoBellJuliusBorisov
    @DragonKing "Wouldn't me giving you my meaning if it completely ruin the meaning you've already attached to it? Remember I come from a fine art background so I am quite use to watching other people establish their own ideas and emotions to my drawings."

It wouldn't ruin my interpretation. I'm fully aware that a single piece of art can mean many things to different people.
    It's been quite a while since I made this comic/short film, but I'm still pretty proud of it in its silliness.
    ThacoBellJuliusBorisovArvia
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    I was summoned?
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Dragonspear , I think somebody was thinking of your name when they meant to tag @DragonKing . Welcome back to the forums - it's been awhile since we've seen you. :)
    ThacoBellDragonspearJuliusBorisov
    *whistles nonchalantly*
    Dragonspear
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @BelgarathMTH

Thanks, I was summoned for other purposes as well :)

Been busy with work lately.
    JuliusBorisov
    Last just say the last couple of drawings I have worth showing would get me banned, so here is some vector designs I'm working on.

7u2dw3gpstxi.jpg

6cvqdvsjwppf.jpg

ThacoBellsarevok57JuliusBorisovArvia
    I just realized I never came back to share the last two of the set.

t64w54nvktka.jpg
    bgfkj7ec92cr.jpg
    JuliusBorisovArvia
    Drawing I'm about to turn into vector designs for cellphone cover

2k2aqdmdyb8u.jpg
    7aqcd10snk02.jpg
    ThacoBellJuliusBorisovArvia
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    Oh wow, @JoenSo is the one in the middle the woman throwing a tile that hit Pyrrhus of Epirus and caused his death?
    JoenSo
    @DrHappyAngry kind of! The article to that one is about the many historical accounts of women using roof tiles as weapons in ancient times. But since the woman who threw the tile at Pyrrhus is the most famous example, I of course included that story.
    DrHappyAngry
    0o8cmxvb6rkp.jpg
    w628v2tl2wf7.jpg

ThacoBellArvia