Skip to content

SoD NPCS for BG2:EE

I am a simple man. I love my wife, my two daughters, my job. All in all I live a great life. I will say with sincerity that if I were to wake up tomorrow and find out that Beamdog gave a big update to BG2EE which included all the NPCS from SoD and a bunch of banters / sidequests for each of them that included new items and story lines etc. that this would increase my general happiness to my already nice life by quite a bit. I would actually be ELATED to find this out!

I am just throwing this out there that I really hope beamdog considers doing some type of DLC for BG2EE. I will likely continue playing this game for the rest of my life, so even if it were in 1 year, 5 years or sometime down the road this would mean the world to me!
kaja8StummvonBordwehr

Comments

• masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    There is a mod for Skie- check in the BG2 mods forum under “The Cost of One Girl’s Soul”
    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Beamdog originally had plans for doing this, but WotC went and slapped them with a "no new content" mandate once BG3 was in the pipeline. A lot of us wanted it, but it sadly cannot happen officially now.
    megamike15ilduderinoStummvonBordwehrRik_Kirtaniya
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    WoTC screwed Beamdog over long before BG3 was a thing due to the "fan" uproar over SoD. I won't comment further, because I would be tempted to use language that would get me banned.

Fortunately, modders are creating a lot of that DLC for you anyway. It may not be as grand in scope as SoD, but much of it is very, very good. I now consider Lava's mods for BG2 to be mandatory installs, for example.
    megamike15ThacoBellilduderinoStummvonBordwehr
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Beamdog originally had plans for doing this, but WotC went and slapped them with a "no new content" mandate once BG3 was in the pipeline. A lot of us wanted it, but it sadly cannot happen officially now.

and from what we know about what beamdog had planned. it was in an expansion not soa itself.
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
    if anything i'd like if someone would add the sod party members to bg 2. heck you don't even need to add them all i'd be happy with just corwin and glint. volghin is out as he is to busy with bp 2.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    From an RP standpoint, Shael Corwin would be a difficult one to bring over. She was pretty heavily invested in the flaming fist and her daughter - both of which are in Baldur's Gate, a city off-limits to your PC. If you romanced her in SoD, it was pretty clear that the relationship had reached the end of the line.

In fact, Glint might be the ONLY NPC introduced in SoD that could realistically follow you to Amn.
    megamike15ThacoBell
    i can personally see corwin being sent after you. thats what beamdog had planned when they were gonna do a bg2 expansion.

so do what lava's skie mod does have corwin in a quest and depending on how you go through it she joins.
    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Glint and M'Khiin definitely could wander down south. Corwin would only be directly attached to Skie, and probably a cameo at most.

@Maurvir "WoTC screwed Beamdog over long before BG3 was a thing due to the "fan" uproar over SoD."

These things are directly related.
    megamike15ilduderinoRik_Kirtaniya
  • tedmann12tedmann12 Member Posts: 128
    I gotta check out some of Lava's mods then... been hearing and reading about them never played them. What a shame about all the uproar after SoD, so stupid and petty.
    ThacoBellmegamike15
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Just Glint in BG2 would be awesome
    megamike15Balrog99ThacoBellArvia