Skip to content

Question about a HUGE patch for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition...

I heard that Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is getting a HUGE patch very soon, I just wanted to ask how often NWN:EE gets patches like that...? Is there anything a devoted player needs to do to get these patches?

Comments

• WilliamDracoWilliamDraco Member Posts: 175
    The patch already happened just a few days back (depending when you're reading this).
    Update your game. That's all. How you do that depends on your platform that you purchase it from.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Dates of recent stable NWN patches:

September 15
    May 13
    March 17
    December 2019

Between stable patches, we release development aka beta builds.

So the game is being constantly updated.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i have expect infinite dungeons as it does not interest me and the newest one as reviews say it's a buggy mess.
  • NeveroddoreveNNeveroddoreveN Member Posts: 173
    So, I just have to go to the NWN:EE title screen and click on "Update"?
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085

If you purchased Enhanced Edition from GOG, you would use Galaxy Client.
    If you purchased Enhanced Edition from Steam, you would update via Steam Client.
    If you purchased Enhanced Edition from Beamdog, you would update via Beamdog Client.
  • SymphonySymphony Member, Developer Posts: 142
    I saw in another post that you're using the Beamdog Client.

I wouldn't really call this the NWN Title screen, this is the Beamdog Games Install Client.

You can only update when there is a patch newer than the one you're using.

sy46ev8qyjfk.png
    Hey guys! I went to the Beamdog Client, logged in, and I see NWN:EE in a panel on the left side of my screen, but I do not see anything about installing an update. Maybe I am missing something?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hey guys! I went to the Beamdog Client, logged in, and I see NWN:EE in a panel on the left side of my screen, but I do not see anything about installing an update. Maybe I am missing something?

Maybe you didn't have a game installed?
    I installed both Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition from Beamdog, plus a bunch of DLC as well.
  • SymphonySymphony Member, Developer Posts: 142
    @NeveroddoreveN If you don't have the big gold update button above, it is likely that you have already downloaded the update. The best way to find out is to launch the game, press the OPTIONS button in the main menu, and check the number at the top of the window. The current version (patches included) is v81.8193.16.

pe2ddgf5p9ss.png