Skip to content

Will NWNEE ever get any of the standard improvements that came with other EE games?

Such as options to loot quickly, toggle highlight to remain on, tablet mode for PC version, etc? Have I overlooked any of these already being added? Sticky mode to keep certain abilities on, such as rapid fire or power attack, was a nice addition. Quality of life improvements for NWNEE seem pretty rare, though. Even the OCs haven't been updated in the last two decades. I've heard good things about multiplayer, though. Please give the single player some attention, too.

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i think the reason those arnt there is due to the engine. it might not be as easy to add a quick loot in the auora engine as it was for the ie.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Keeping certain abilities always active would certainly be a nice touch, but it seems like NWN it getting its own set of improvements. They just updated the lighting engine, and even Beamdogs critics have had good things to say about it.
  • WilliamDracoWilliamDraco Member Posts: 175
    Keeping certain abilities always active would certainly be a nice touch,
    Would be? This is already a thing. "Sticky Combat Modes" :)
  • ZwerkulesZwerkules Member Posts: 112
    Jidokwon wrote: »
    Such as options to loot quickly.

This has the potential to break modules if done wrong and even if done right.
    For every item picked up it has to be checked if an event should be fired if that item is aquired by the player and if so it could be just something very simple, but also it could start a long script. If there are many such items this could cause stutters whenever someone picks up all loot at once.
    Also if someone made for example a module where you have to follow a trail of coins and pick up all of them and along that trail things were to happen, looting all the coins at once, even if just within visible range, will completely break that.
    This could possibly break cut scenes that should start when someone picks up a certain item.
    And those are just a few cases that I can think of immediately without giving this a lot of thought. I'm sure there is much, much more that quick loot could break.

Something altogether different is selling and buying stuff which really could use some improvement.
    DerpCityjackjackmegamike15
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    It isn't really about singleplayer compared to multiplayer. A multiplayer module wont benefit from any of the features it doesn't use either. Therein lies the issue that the OC could benefit from a number of changes that were made but for many things if it isn't specifically added to the OC module then it wont be used.

Some features like looting or henchmen control would need to be a module setting or scripted either way so that they don't interfere in cases where they would not be applicable.