Skip to content

Community Patch 1.72 for NWN:Enhanced Edition

13»

Comments

• ShadooowShadooow Member Posts: 402
    Hello, Shadow!

Thank you for all of your work.
    I'm looking to get this patch into my PW module.
    I'm not 100% sure how to install things and get it working smoothly.

Things like load order, 2da merging, etc.

Do you have an installation guide for builders somewhere I can look at?

Thanks ahead of time.

The archive contains HOW TO INSTALL.txt which contains basic instructions, 2da merging has its own readme inside the folder "additional resources (optional)\1.72 builder resources\auto2damerger\"

also, when installing on a PW/server you want to install it into "override" folder, not the usual /ovr - this is because dedicated server which you should definitely use doesn't pull the data from "NWN-ee install folder" so override is the only option

join my discord for more info: https://discord.gg/NBYCPWj
    CaidenTheStoic
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    Will the current CPP work ok with the latest EE patch (8193)? Or should I wait for an update to it
    For a player it should work, but it is not recommended for a builder as it might (in a no-hak module) lock out a lot of the new stuff from the last EE patch.

It can also cause player to crash if there are any modules using the new patch monsters, tilesets, placeables, items and no custom haks.

So basically not recommended to install CPP with newest EE patch.

I am not sure I will update it, seems the demand for this project is nonexistant now and builders are only ripping stuff from it anyway. I will probably abandon it actually...
    Nic_MercyPrince_Raymond
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    That's sad. Your work is actually awesome :(
    Nic_MercyJFKPrince_Raymond
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    Shadooow wrote: »
    For a player it should work, but it is not recommended for a builder as it might (in a no-hak module) lock out a lot of the new stuff from the last EE patch.

It can also cause player to crash if there are any modules using the new patch monsters, tilesets, placeables, items and no custom haks.

So basically not recommended to install CPP with newest EE patch.

I am not sure I will update it, seems the demand for this project is nonexistant now and builders are only ripping stuff from it anyway. I will probably abandon it actually...

That's a terrible shame that it won't be updated anymore :( I found all the functionality you added to be of tremendous value. Especially the stuff for shapeshifting and weapon/armor buffing.
    Prince_Raymond
  • XzanosXzanos Member Posts: 11
    So initially I was excited finding this thread, however after looking through the post this seems to no longer be supported.. I was able to opt for an old build through steam, and apply the patch (successfully getting old title music and the 1.72 sticker) however Pale Masters Lvls still don't seem to be applying to ECL.

Will this only work with new character/new gained PM lvls? Or is this hak no longer working. I have REALLY REALLY been looking forward to this and any help would be appreciated.
    Xzanos wrote: »
    So initially I was excited finding this thread, however after looking through the post this seems to no longer be supported.. I was able to opt for an old build through steam, and apply the patch (successfully getting old title music and the 1.72 sticker) however Pale Masters Lvls still don't seem to be applying to ECL.

Will this only work with new character/new gained PM lvls? Or is this hak no longer working. I have REALLY REALLY been looking forward to this and any help would be appreciated.

you mean CL - caster level right?

It works with one exception of offensive spells against monk 10+ targets. But it is not enabled automatically, you need to spawn PC Widget tool and toggle the option on. More in documentation that is included withing the downloaded files.
  • XzanosXzanos Member Posts: 11

It works with one exception of offensive spells against monk 10+ targets. But it is not enabled automatically, you need to spawn PC Widget tool and toggle the option on. More in documentation that is included withing the downloaded files.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, I had looked in the PDF files but not in the HTML documents.

So I loaded a new Chapter 1
    Turned on debug mode using "DebugMode 1"
    The tried to spawn the PC Widget using "dm_spawnitem 70_pcwidget"

I get the success message on both commands but I am not getting the item in my inventory.

Xzanos wrote: »

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, I had looked in the PDF files but not in the HTML documents.

So I loaded a new Chapter 1
    Turned on debug mode using "DebugMode 1"
    The tried to spawn the PC Widget using "dm_spawnitem 70_pcwidget"

I get the success message on both commands but I am not getting the item in my inventory.

Ah yes, this console command is a bit stupid. You need to point the cursor on the floor, then when you successfully type it the item appears on the floor under the cursor.