Skip to content

Questions on stability: for the nintendo switch, and setting up new computer

Hi there!

I wasn't sure where to put this so 'general' seem to work. Anywho, I bought the Baldur's gate 1 and 2 collection for the switch as I loved playing the the original Baldur's gate. Yet I've been having a LOT of system crashes on the switch. Like, 2 or 3 crashes a day, sometimes 2 within an hour of each other. Before this game, I could count the number of crashes my switch had on one hand, so this has been a bit of a shock. Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just me?

Because of the frequent crashing, I decided to go back to playing on my computer after finishing Siege of Dragonspear. I've never played Baldur's gate 2 before, and I did not want to deal with this many crashes during it. I had BG EE on my old computer and had transferred my files to this new PC a while ago, not thinking anything of it. I went to load it up today, see how it is on this new PC before buying BG 2 EE, and I can't connect to the servers? I can clearly log in to the forums, I can clearly see BG EE in my list of games on beamdog (Where I purchased it from a while back now) but loading the game it asks for my email and beamdog password, but then fails to connect to the servers. I go to reset password, but that then fails, redirecting me to a page that doesn't exist. I'm thinking something messed up in the file transfer, but not sure. Would it be possible (easier?) to just redownload the game from beamdog? Is that an option? Or are the servers for playing the game (and only playing it...?) down?

I'm....not a good tech person, so I'm a bit confused here.

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Are you using the Beamdog Client or old unsupported launchers?

https://store.beamdog.com/about/client_faq#01
  • odessa333odessa333 Member Posts: 59
    Well, using old client is possible? I went and deleted everything and redownloaded everything, which sorted out the PC issues. I'm surprised to find the PC version clunkier than the switch version, missing a few quality of life improvements. Nothing BIG, just clunkier. Still, it's only crashed once, so that's a record improvement over thw switch version, so I'll take it.