Skip to content

SCS "remove unrealistic ammo" and sunstone bullets

MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
edited September 2020 in BGII:EE Mods
As mentioned in the title, if you install the SCS component that removes unrealistic ammo from dungeons (such as wooden stakes in vampire lairs), where does it move the sunstone bullets? I looked it up, and it seems the only known supply in SoA is the Umar Hills temple ruin - otherwise, they only seem to show up as random loot later in the game.

I would like to avoid starting over (with an updated mod install) or cheating by consoling in the bullets.

As an aside, I would almost consider those a quest item in this case, so I was surprised they were missing. Particularly since they were supplied alongside a +3 sling.

Comments

• MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    As an aside, I modified the AR1401.ARE file in the override folder to put them back in the same container as Arla's Dragonbane sling. It's a local modification, but I believe it should resolve the issue.

I am hoping that, since I won't have yet gone there in the save I'm going to restart from, that it won't be an issue to modify in a "live" game.
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Belatedly: tell me more about why they're a quest item? I don't see any obvious indication to that effect, but I may be missing something.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I'm not clear why sun bullets are unrealistic in the temple of a former sun god.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Yes, if anything it would make sense that you would find ammunition designed to fight darkness in a temple to a sun god. This, to me, is entirely different than vampires keeping piles of stakes or holy water in conveniently located containers next to their crypts.

Otherwise, I agree with most of the other choices - there is no real reason for there to be high-powered weapons and ammo "just laying around".