Skip to content

Where to find Amulets (Amplifiers) of Metaspell Influence? (Spoilers)

I've got 2 spell casters, and I'm very close to the end of BG. I found one from a particular mage in a particular tower but where can I find a second one? Perhaps I could steal one somewhere?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Pretty sure there's only the one.
    Chronicler
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Certainly it's the only one I've ever found, and the only one listed on the wiki. I usually give it to my bard because they can't use the Wing of Wizardry and they've already got pretty few spell slots.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Yes, there's only the one.

My latest run ... sold it. Why would my bard ever need to cast spells? He has wands for that. And scrolls, on occasion. (OK, it was a self-imposed challenge rule)
    If you have a bard, then the Nashkel General Store is pretty much a safety deposit box anyway. Anything you sell there, you're pretty much just giving him for safekeeping. You can pickpocket it back whenever you have second thoughts.
    The Nashkel Store? Nah, it's all about the "General Store" with an inventory of nonmagical weapons and armor in southwestern BG. It buys practically anything including wands, and has a steal difficulty of only 10.

A level 10 (unkitted) bard has 70 skill. Garrick is human with Dex 16, for +15 to that. You'll need a thieving potion if you want to steal safely from anywhere.

Now, if that were a PC half-elf with 19 Dex from the tome ... that's another 25 points for a total of 110. Safe stealing from that store in BG, but Nashkel still needs a boost (steal diff 20). Of course, that requires you to not be a blade or skald.
    I dunno. I've never broken down the math, but back when that Nashkell shop had an enchanted shield in stock I had pretty good luck stealing it as a level 3 bard with pickpockets 70.

Like, pickpocketing is never 100% safe. It's not recommended for no reload runs at all because no matter how high you boost your skill there's always at least a 1% chance you fail and the merchant is never usable again.

But I'd often get the shield on my first try and it would never take more than two reloads, so we're not talking like excessive save scumming either.
    Shoplifting is 100% safe if you exceed the shop's difficulty by 100. It's pickpocketing on the main screen that has critical failures.

A PP score of 70 is good for a 50% chance of success stealing from the Nashkel store.
    ChroniclerStummvonBordwehr
    Interesting! Learn something new every day.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I vaguely recall finding a 2nd Amulet of Metaspell Influence in SoD, although I can't remember if it was for sale in a shop or looted off an enemy.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Chronicler wrote: »
    I dunno. I've never broken down the math, but back when that Nashkell shop had an enchanted shield in stock I had pretty good luck stealing it as a level 3 bard with pickpockets 70.

Like, pickpocketing is never 100% safe. It's not recommended for no reload runs at all because no matter how high you boost your skill there's always at least a 1% chance you fail and the merchant is never usable again.

But I'd often get the shield on my first try and it would never take more than two reloads, so we're not talking like excessive save scumming either.

if you ever make a store keeper hostile ( or any creature hostile i suppose ) you can just charm/dominate them if you need to use them again, although once the "charming" spell wears off then they will be hostile again, so pick pocket at your leisure :)
    ChroniclerBalrog99