Skip to content

Area Cheats Made Easier (BGEE)

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
edited March 2017 in UI Modding
As far as I know no one else has done this at this point. Its possible someone else has already done this, but I threw together a mod for myself to make it easier to jump between major areas.

As many of you know, with the console active you can hit control + space and then click on different SoD areas to jump between the areas on the list. This mod just expands the existing list to include some BG original areas.

Rather than organizing them by area code (which is how SoD handles it) I've chosen to organize them by area in the game. In BG1 especially these don't necessarily correspond.

To install just throw one of the lua files (found in these zip files) into in your override folder.

Users who have only BGEE installed put the M_k9BGEE.lua file in your override folder (this version is not yet tested)

Users who have SoD installed put the M_k9SoD.lua file in your override folder

Anyone who wants to use this as part of a UI compilation is free to do so. Anyone who wants to edit this and come out with their own version is free to do so. Some credit would be appreciated but is not necessary.

On that note I used Dudleyville as a source for this.

Sample

Post edited by elminster on
KilivitzJuliusBorisovAstroBryGuyMirandelCrevsDaakAncientCowboyALIENFlashburnGrammarsaladRelSundan

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    This is glorious, thanks!
    JuliusBorisovelminsterKilivitz
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    CrevsDaak
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @elminster
    Thankee! How well does this work for BG2/EET/mod areas?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2020
    Yea I'm not supporting this mod anymore. So I'm closing this thread. But anyone who wishes to is absolutely free to take this mod and incorporate it into their own (and modify it as they wish). I'd just ask for partial credit.
    Post edited by elminster on
    JuliusBorisov
This discussion has been closed.