Skip to content

Stuck in Spellhold Maze (possibly mod bug)

The online walkthrough says that I should transform into a Slayer when I encounter Bodhi in the upper level of the maze. I get to that scripted encounter, fight Bodhi until she is near death and flees, but nothing happens afterward. If I rest, she comes back again with some vampires, fights for a bit then run away again. I think there might be a bug. Right now I’m in front of the big Minotaur statue, I have one Minotaur’s horn in my possession, but the door won’t open. What can I do?

Comments

• MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    edited September 2020
    I believe you need both horns to open the door. Once you do that, you can just walk out of that area. Note that the walkthrough on the wiki is not optimal at all - it is the bare minimum required to pass through the area. I normally save the Bohdi fight until the party is otherwise done in the area and has both horns.

Also. I'm not sure which mod did it, but my PC did not change into the slayer there either. In fact, during that run, she never changed into the slayer. However, this did mess with the dialogue at the tree of life later. Not fatally, but it was a bit strange.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    You definitely need both horns to open the door.

It's rather difficult to collect both horns before meeting Bodhi; one of the horns is in a room only accessible by passing through the exit room where she is.
    ThacoBelldunbar
  • ensbanaensbana Member Posts: 80
    Yeah I figured that out. Don’t know why I missed the second horn. Thanks though.
  • ensbanaensbana Member Posts: 80
    Also I never transformed into a Slayer but now I’ve acquired that ability. Weird.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    jmerry wrote: »
    You definitely need both horns to open the door.

It's rather difficult to collect both horns before meeting Bodhi; one of the horns is in a room only accessible by passing through the exit room where she is.

I usually have a party member use invisibility to get into that area without triggering Bodhi, which technically shouldn't work, as she is a vampire. I'm not sure if that is fixed with Improved Vampires / Improved Bodhi or not.

You can't avoid the fight, though, as operating the minotaur statue breaks invisibility. It *might* be possible with Improved Invisibility, but I've never tried.

Also, you lose your original Bhaal powers (which sucks) and get the Slayer ability (which is of dubious usefulness 99% of the time) as soon as your soul is stripped away. Doesn't matter if you use the ability or not. It's actually a pretty cool RP aspect of the game if you think about it.