Skip to content

Turn Undead and Multi Clerics!

Hey guys I was wondering how much of a hit turning takes for multi classed Clerics? (from BG1 - TOB)
Clerics are by far my favorite pnp class and I enjoy the support play style and the power they wield over undead (hence the question).
I'm trying to decide if i'm going to go straight up cleric or cleric/thief for a multi-player game with my brother.
Cheers guys!

Comments

• AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    Someone can get more exact than I, but I find I turn undead is not very useful for my multi classed clerics. It is only with single classed clerics that they chunk anything remotely threatening for BG2 and TOB.

For BG1, the difference is still there but is less significant since you are generally only talking about a 1 level hit.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The problem is the level difference between a single classed cleric and a multiclassed one.

It'll be very small on BG1 but will become noticeable by ToB.

That's why most people prefer to dual into cleric, there's basically no loss at all.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    mlnevese said:

The problem is the level difference between a single classed cleric and a multiclassed one.

That's why most people prefer to dual into cleric, there's basically no loss at all.

By ToB, a multiclass cleric will be around levels 15-20 , therefore he'll be able to explode anything but liches!
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    DJKajuru said:

mlnevese said:

By ToB, a multiclass cleric will be around levels 15-20 , therefore he'll be able to explode anything but liches!
    Anything a multiclass cleric can turn in TOB is in the no-brainer category of "select party, click attack, decimate opponents" IMO. I just don't use turning in late BG2 or TOB with a multi-class cleric.

• ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    DJKajuru said:

mlnevese said:

IIRC Devas can turn liches, so a multiclass cleric can still do it indirectly.