Skip to content

[Infinite Dungeons] Beholders tried to shoot invisible me in vain

Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 241
After I casted Improved Invisibility and made myself invisible, I let my companions fight beholders. But the beholders who are near me still tried to shoot their rays on me; their rays of course couldn't hit me at all.

What should have happened is that those beholders shouldn't have been aware of my existence and should fight my companions instead.

Comments

• WilliamDracoWilliamDraco Member Posts: 175
    Invisibility is not absolute. Some creatures can see through invisibility, and most can still perceive you by hearing you regardless, which is especially true if you are close to them. The same operates in reverse - should an enemy go invisible, you can approach where you think they are to try and spot them.

• Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 241
    edited October 2020
    Invisibility is not absolute. Some creatures can see through invisibility, and most can still perceive you by hearing you regardless, which is especially true if you are close to them. The same operates in reverse - should an enemy go invisible, you can approach where you think they are to try and spot them.

When the issue happened, I was at a safe distance from them.

And when there is no fight, those beholders aren't aware of my existence when I run around the areas with Improved Invisibility (also at a safe distance from them, of course).