Skip to content

Side quest rejected questions

hello all, its been a while, ive return to bgee because im doing a playthough on houtube but i notice 2 side quests thats been rejected 1, in the friendly arm inn 2nd floor a guy would ask to vet his beltbut instead said, you smell like orc go away but when i got his be,t, the sidequest was complete without it starting, 2nd, Zhurlong said i got nothing to say go you, oh whats that behind you, he stole 34 gold and rsn off and doesnt come back. Why is this? It never happened before and my rep is 14.

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,317
    Phycoanto wrote: »
    hello all, its been a while, ive return to bgee because im doing a playthough on houtube but i notice 2 side quests thats been rejected 1, in the friendly arm inn 2nd floor a guy would ask to vet his beltbut instead said, you smell like orc go away but when i got his be,t, the sidequest was complete without it starting, 2nd, Zhurlong said i got nothing to say go you, oh whats that behind you, he stole 34 gold and rsn off and doesnt come back. Why is this? It never happened before and my rep is 14.

There are a number of quests which can become available even if the quest-giver does not directly tell you that, i.e. their reaction is not sufficiently bad to deny you access to the quest, but not sufficiently good to give you details about it. In that situation when you go back to see them again you can complete that quest - as you found with the belt quest.

In BGEE most interactions check the reaction adjustment - that's affected by both reputation and charisma, with charisma being the slightly more important variable. In the case of Zhurlong I imagine the character that talked to him had a poor charisma, thus meaning his overall reaction was negative despite you having a reasonable reputation.
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
    Oh, the joys of Charisma as a dump stat!

I noticed the same with Zhurlong. A favorite tactic of mine with an evil party, is to return the boots, then kill Zhurlong. But I've noticed that sometimes, he disappears after you've returned the boots, and sometimes he doesn't. I had no idea it was related to the reaction roll.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Charisma really shouldn't be a dump stat.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    ThacoBell wrote: »

Unless you are playing a Paladin...
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Maurvir wrote: »
    ThacoBell wrote: »

Unless you are playing a Paladin...

HA
  • PhycoantoPhycoanto Member Posts: 72
    True but when hes not there to give the boots too, like i said, he runs off and never come back
    and im playing as theif/warrior/mage
    and thank you beamdog, my charisma is low