Skip to content

[MOD] Siege of Dragonspear 2 Baldur's Gate2:EE Item Upgrade - v2.0.5 released!

Comments

• Daeros_TrollkillerDaeros_Trollkiller Member Posts: 325
    hybridial wrote: »
    @Daeros_Trollkiller

I've played some with your mod, it's cool work, I was wondering however, and I understand if you wouldn't do this or if it would entail too much work or if you feel it'd be wronging Beamdog potentially.

I like having more items, and I particularly like some of the stuff you added that isn't SoD related like the ability to upgrade Varscona (which I just have a fondness for because it's often my go to weapon in the first game). I can't say I like Dragonspear itself though or any of Beamdog's added NPCs in BG1 and 2.

So I use Argent77's mod to disable the NPCs, thereby disabling their quests, and a small handful of items are placed in their quests. Would you consider offering alternate placement for someone who plays with the Beamdog content disabled?

I'm glad you enjoy my mod! Unfortunately I am not considering changing where those items are placed at this time. That being said, I am working on a big update which will bring in many more items in thoughtful ways that I think you will enjoy.
    Adam_en_tium
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    edited October 2020
    Hey Daeros, first of all I really enjoy using your mod. Thank you. But I'd like to report that I couldn't find some items in the locations written in your readme. And I've installed the latest 1.2.0 version including the component that always imports all items from SOD
    - Buckler of the Fist - can't find anywhere, I checked all the merchants in Slums including the one next to temple of Ilmater
    - Robe of Red Flames - this one is supposed to be Edwin's starting equipment, but instead Edwin started with Adventurer's Robe or something similar. Also, just as a note, I've used a previous version of your mod in a previous playthrough and this one was there in Edwin's equipment. Is it still supposed to be on him?
    - Shadow Dragon's blood - Shadow Dragon doesn't drop this
    - Voidhammer +3/Voidsword +3 - not in the blood pool
    - Helm of Opposition was dropped 2 times from the mayor, 1 unidentified, 1 identified
    - Helm of Dumathoin - I'm sure this one was working in a previous version too

I haven't finished the game yet, I'm still at Chapter 6, but I was able to find most of the other items in your mod. So, I'm confused why these particular ones are missing in my installation.
  • Adam_en_tiumAdam_en_tium Member Posts: 99
    Hello

Thanks for your mod !
    I'm currently using it, first time, in an evil playthrough (I'm in TOB post Saradush).

I have no bug to reports, I love the Crimsom Dawn Katana +5 !
    From what I have seen, nothing is overpowered, especially since you can't make everything.

Thanks again, it's a must have mod for me now :)
    Ludwig_II wrote: »
    Hey Daeros, first of all I really enjoy using your mod. Thank you. But I'd like to report that I couldn't find some items in the locations written in your readme. And I've installed the latest 1.2.0 version including the component that always imports all items from SOD
    - Buckler of the Fist - can't find anywhere, I checked all the merchants in Slums including the one next to temple of Ilmater
    - Robe of Red Flames - this one is supposed to be Edwin's starting equipment, but instead Edwin started with Adventurer's Robe or something similar. Also, just as a note, I've used a previous version of your mod in a previous playthrough and this one was there in Edwin's equipment. Is it still supposed to be on him?
    - Helm of Opposition was dropped 2 times from the mayor, 1 unidentified, 1 identified

I haven't finished the game yet, I'm still at Chapter 6, but I was able to find most of the other items in your mod. So, I'm confused why these particular ones are missing in my installation.

Hello, to answer your questions:
    This is one of the items that import normally without my mod and the way it imports is not reliable. Did you install the forced import optional component? And if you did, you must start a new game. In the next update I may change this.

See above

Fixed in next update

Same as buckler and robe.

This is being moved/fixed in next update

Same as buckler and robe
    ThacoBellTimbo0o0o0
    Hello

Thanks for your mod !
    I'm currently using it, first time, in an evil playthrough (I'm in TOB post Saradush).

I have no bug to reports, I love the Crimsom Dawn Katana +5 !
    From what I have seen, nothing is overpowered, especially since you can't make everything.

Thanks again, it's a must have mod for me now :)

Thank you for the feedback and I am glad you like it!
    Adam_en_tium
  • hybridialhybridial Member Posts: 291
    I'm glad you enjoy my mod! Unfortunately I am not considering changing where those items are placed at this time. That being said, I am working on a big update which will bring in many more items in thoughtful ways that I think you will enjoy.

That's fair. I thought it was worth asking but also must admit that I'm often unable to make my mind on these things long enough to last a full playthrough.

But I look forward to the next update.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ArthasII wrote: »
    Good to know. Thanks for being blunt :)

I'd rather be honest than lead folks on. I do hope you enjoy the mod regardless.
    spacejaws
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Daeros_Trollkiller
    Merry early Christmas for 1.3!
    @Daeros_Trollkiller
    Thankee! Alleluia!

Do we also get Elven Chain and Elven Plate for casters?
    Endarire wrote: »
    @Daeros_Trollkiller
    Thankee! Alleluia!

Do we also get Elven Chain and Elven Plate for casters?

You'll just have to wait an see :)
    Elven plate is mentioned here. Search for "elven plate."
    We have a wet sword, a salad sword, and a blue ball!
    JuliusBorisov

You figured it out...I've turned this into a chef mod. Now all of you inspiring cooks can have the BG adventure you always wanted! The Bhaalspawn has cast away the swords and sorcery in favor of a spoon and apron. You ain't lived till you've eaten a +5 biscuit.
    Adam_en_tiumTimbo0o0o0ThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270

You figured it out...I've turned this into a chef mod. Now all of you inspiring cooks can have the BG adventure you always wanted! The Bhaalspawn has cast away the swords and sorcery in favor of a spoon and apron. You ain't lived till you've eaten a +5 biscuit.

Then you need to make sure to import the Butter knife of Balduran.
    Timbo0o0o0JuliusBorisovAerakar
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

Can we get a Swedish Chef kit?
    And popcorn!

@Daeros_Trollkiller
    I like the idea of having a separate mod focused on cooking with food-based buffs. It's most likely a flavor-based or a roleplay-focused mod.
  • stewelementstewelement Member Posts: 51
    Love the mod, it's shaping up to be one of my very favorites. I'm quite happy that you've brought over the Headband of Focus, but here's hoping the next update brings more love to Monk PCs by bringing over the Bracers of the Shuttered Lid. I enjoy having those in SoD, and they'd be an especially fine component to upgrading, say, the Gauntlets of Aln Zekk or the Gauntlets of Crushing. ;)
    StummvonBordwehrAdam_en_tium
    @Daeros_Trollkiller
    Thankee for the update! I recommend Google Drive accounts for data backup!
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehrBlackraven
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Oh no, Daeros! These damn illithids must be getting close to your house! Hope you'll handle the issue before Christmas and have great holidays!
    BlackravenStummvonBordwehrTimbo0o0o0Aerakar
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Happy new year folks, I just wanted to give an update: My house is still a wreck, but I have been working on the update here and there using a borrowed laptop. Hopefully will be able to get a new one soon, as this thing is painfully slow to work on.

I can't give an ETA right now, but I did want to let you all know that I am still working on it. One thing that irks the crap out of me is when a modder talks up an exciting new update for a mod, but then never delivers. Rest assured it's going to take something really catastrophic for that to happen with my mods, and even if it did, I would pass it along to another modder in hopes they could complete it in my stead.

We're looking forward for new version @Daeros_Trollkiller. In fact, I won't start my EET run until 1.3 happens? But don't mind me, of course, take all time you need.
    JuliusBorisov
    Cahir wrote: »
    Happy new year folks, I just wanted to give an update: My house is still a wreck, but I have been working on the update here and there using a borrowed laptop. Hopefully will be able to get a new one soon, as this thing is painfully slow to work on.

I can't give an ETA right now, but I did want to let you all know that I am still working on it. One thing that irks the crap out of me is when a modder talks up an exciting new update for a mod, but then never delivers. Rest assured it's going to take something really catastrophic for that to happen with my mods, and even if it did, I would pass it along to another modder in hopes they could complete it in my stead.

We're looking forward for new version @Daeros_Trollkiller. In fact, I won't start my EET run until 1.3 happens? But don't mind me, of course, take all time you need.

Thank you for the vote of confidence, Cahir! I think you will really enjoy the update once I finish it as it really takes EET into account and adds quite a bit to an EET playthrough, and it spans the entire adventure, as opposed to being a BG2-only thing.
    JuliusBorisov