Skip to content

Killed githyanki in underdark now in loop

SariusSarius Member Posts: 24
So I was captured by the mindflayers and the githyanki wanted to work together to escape. Well, I always went with the plan when playing this but I was curious as to what happened if you went against the githyanki, so I killed them in the arena as well. Now I'm in a loop. The ogre keeps coming to get me, I kill 3 umber hulks, and then I get sent back to cage and this repeats. Will eventually something different happen or should I reload?

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I would reload if I were you.

Probably the game can't fire a dialogue (as the githyanki is dead) and is just reloading the previous script.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i've done the same thing before, reloading was the only options, quite unfortunate really that you are forced to help the githyanki
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @Sarius, please file this issue on support.baldursgate.com - something may be bad with scripts. The Team will look and decide.
  • SariusSarius Member Posts: 24
    @JuliusBorisov Okay. Done.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

@Sarius, please file this issue on support.baldursgate.com - something may be bad with scripts. The Team will look and decide.

im pretty sure this was the original intention even back in the non EEs, im thinking the original DEVs wanted to force you to work with the githyanki
  • SariusSarius Member Posts: 24
    sarevok57 said:

im pretty sure this was the original intention even back in the non EEs, im thinking the original DEVs wanted to force you to work with the githyanki
    I mean they end up dead anyway but I was kind of hoping for an alternative escape. I just like staying in character and felt that killing them would have been the most accurate choice. Ah well.
  • CyberliskCyberlisk Member Posts: 29
    Resurrecting this because I think you can actually avoid working with the Githyanki.

Here is what I did:

- Kill Kuo-Toans
    - Lockpick the door on the right (but don't open it!)
    - Antogonize the Githyanki (e.g. Cloudkill)
    - Kill the Githyanki
    - Get ported back to your Cell
    - Enter the Umber Hulk Loop
    - Fight Umbers as long as you want
    - When you get tired of that, open the door to the right
    - Instead of being ported back to your cell, Mind Flayers will Dimension Door into the arena in packs of 3
    - Warning: A lot of Mind Flayers will spawn, like 12 or 15 total I think
    - Once you have killed all the Mind Flayers, Umbers and the Ogre Guard you should be able to proceed normally

Little caveat: I'm off to bed right now and only tested it quickly before quitting since Imoen died, so I'm not 100% sure the Mind Flayers had completely stopped porting in. Tomorrow I plan on using this path though.
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    Cyberlisk wrote: »
    Resurrecting this because I think you can actually avoid working with the Githyanki.

Here is what I did:

- Kill Kuo-Toans
    - Lockpick the door on the right (but don't open it!)
    - Antogonize the Githyanki (e.g. Cloudkill)
    - Kill the Githyanki
    - Get ported back to your Cell
    - Enter the Umber Hulk Loop
    - Fight Umbers as long as you want
    - When you get tired of that, open the door to the right
    - Instead of being ported back to your cell, Mind Flayers will Dimension Door into the arena in packs of 3
    - Warning: A lot of Mind Flayers will spawn, like 12 or 15 total I think
    - Once you have killed all the Mind Flayers, Umbers and the Ogre Guard you should be able to proceed normally

Little caveat: I'm off to bed right now and only tested it quickly before quitting since Imoen died, so I'm not 100% sure the Mind Flayers had completely stopped porting in. Tomorrow I plan on using this path though.

I'm interested. Is it possible you could let us know how that goes? Could you also post some screenshots in this or a new thread? I'd love to see what happens.