Skip to content

[request/proposal] Recruitable Illasera

_Connacht__Connacht_ Member Posts: 169
edited November 2020 in BGII:EE Mods
One of the aspects of ToB that was criticized the most is its heavy linearity. I think that there is room for improvement and one could be to mod in the possibility to recruit Illasera.
How to do that? Well, the option I was thinking is that she somehow gets teleported too into the pocket plane, despite her death (that won't be more inconsistent than many of the twists in the saga) or right before the final blow (perhaps with a dialogue ad-hoc when she reachs 1 HPs). Then, how to manage the consequential situation is open to interpretations, tastes and modders opinions. She can propose herself, just to survive, or because she wants to jump on the bandwagon, or as a trickery because she plans to betray at some point, or because she came in the pocket plane like a ghosts and wants to be revived like Sarevok. Charname could be the one making the proposal. Sarevok could be suggesting to force upon her a geass like his, if she doesn't want to be killed. Or even the Solar!
Reasons for recruiting her are simple too: maybe Charname wants to get information and control over a possible powerful enemy, or he/she believes that Illasera is redeemable, or the latter offers something in exchange (e.g. she could be the one revealing how to defeat Yaga-Shura or the weaknesses of the other Five).
Further interactions could be developed between her and Melissan.
SharGuidesMyHandIsewein

Comments

• BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    I think that's a pretty cool idea! Personally I'm more of a Gromnir fan and he does seem crazy enough to actually join the Bhaalspawn. Let's not forget he truly saw through a certain someone like they were glass.

Either way, one of Illasera or Gromnir or any other member of the five allying with you would be great. I think Gromnir is the most suitable option to do so though.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Bhalthazar, to me, is the fairly obvious choice, though I would expect him to then attack the PC at the end. In fact, dealing with the end-game would be an issue with any of the five. Balthazar would have the most unique issues to deal with, but the other four are definitely not going to acquiesce to mortality the way Imoen does either.
  • _Connacht__Connacht_ Member Posts: 169
    Maurvir wrote: »
    Bhalthazar, to me, is the fairly obvious choice.

That is treated by Ascension.
    megamike15Isewein
  • lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    Good idea. Ascension does something like that. You might like the longer road too because it brings Irenicus into the story as a follower.