Skip to content

[Infinite Dungeons][Feedback][Spoiler] Finished this module. And here is my feedback.

Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 241
edited October 2020 in General Discussions NWN:EE
I finished this module today and would like to provide my two cents for further improvements.
  • Equipment with damage reduction are too good and make combats a bit too easy. You can often find them with values such as soak 25 damage or even 30. I think the common value should be soak 10 or lower, and 15 should be the maximum and rare.
  • Equipment with special property like these might be overpowered:
    • Immunity to Spell by Level: Level 9 or Lower
    • Immunity to Spell by Level: Level 8 or Lower
    • Spell School Immunity: Evocation (but be careful of nerfing it before fixing this issue)
  • Boss fights are too easy and don't provide sense of achievement when you finish them.
  • It's a pity that skills such as Persuade aren't used at all. Please consider using them to make doing quests more enjoyable. Currently quests aren't providing much fun or story.
  • I understand that these dungeon crawl type of contents are more or less the same. But please see if you can make it more worth doing. When I proceeded to half of the first level of the 5th dungeon, I started to use Improved Invisibility to skip as many combats as I could because I was finally fed up with keeping doing non-challenging combats.

The voice actor of Little Timmy did a good job. Other than that, I can't think of anything particularly impressive.
Post edited by Ian579 on
JuliusBorisovWarChiefZeke

Comments

• StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    I have bought this module three times in the last 20 years and at. I point did I think it was completable
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    edited November 2020
    I finally went through Infinite Dungeons and I have to admit I had a blast. I have an a.i improvement mod active so those mages and clerics were no joke. I got insta-killed by rolling a 1 on petrification more than once. Under normal NWN rules it probably would have been a mob-fest.

Best part of the game: Having any companion of any race or class. A Sea Hag, Harpy, and Medusa adventuring team? Yes please! This and the changing dungeon layouts really do give it a sense of replayability. Half-celestials or demons will have proper stats. Races with special abilities, like the Dyrad or Medusa, will use those in battle.

Worst part of the game: Monty Haul beyond comprehension. Agree with the OP about this one. Every enemy carries 1-3 pieces of highly enchanted gear at high levels. You can easily acquire a million gold with a solid hour of play. Absolutely ridiculous. Eventually I was just taking 1 enchanted item per map to save myself time.

It also has a story. I wasn't expecting that. If you haven't played it yet and like NWN you definitely should.
    Ian579StummvonBordwehr