Skip to content

No music bug

gpeddinogpeddino Member Posts: 50
edited November 2020 in Technical Support
I've been working on a module and all music and ambient sounds simply can't be heard when I test it. Placed sounds work normally, though. Is there a fix for that?
Post edited by gpeddino on

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Do you mean hearing music and ambient sounds while still in the Toolset? If so, it's been a long long time since I last looked in the NWN toolset, but I think they don't play automatically while in the Toolset, no.
  • gpeddinogpeddino Member Posts: 50
    No, everything works fine in the toolset. But when I try to play the module, there's no music or ambient sounds at all. I even tried scripting functions to make them play, to no avail.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Mmm, I'm a loss then. I only ever dabbled around in the Toolset years ago, mostly just to craft custom magic items for my DM campaigns. Hopefully someone more familiar with the Toolset can help you!
  • gpeddinogpeddino Member Posts: 50
    Okay, here's an update. I did some testing and noticed a few things. I play on a Mac and I run the toolset via Wine. I don't know if that changes things in any way, but there you go.

Here's the thing: when I use Customize Environment and set the Night/Day Cycle to Always Dark, the track that plays is the Music, Day track. If I leave Music, Day as blank and choose any track for Music, Night, nothing plays. I don't know if that's deliberate but it seems like a bug to me, specially considering that the ambient sounds don't work like that.

By the way, that only happens in-game. Everything works fine in the toolset.