Skip to content

Character Augmentation in Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition...?

Is there a program that can I allow me to augment my characters in Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition? I know that, for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, there is the program called "Leto". Is there something similar for IWD:EE?

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    EEKeeper.
  • NeveroddoreveNNeveroddoreveN Member Posts: 173
    I am sorry, I don't know what that is. Can you elaborate a bit, please? And how to use that program? Thanks so much!
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/eekeeper/files/EEKeeper 1.0.4.0.zip/download

You can download it here. Open it, set the installation directory to the EE game of choice and set the save data directory to the save folder in Documents. You can then open your save games and edit as you please. It's fairly close to using Leto.
    Ok, so I downloaded EEKeeper, and set the installation directory to my IWD:EE folder, and set the save data directory to the save folder. I am getting an error screen that says, "EEKeeper was unable to locate a valid game installation. Please ensure the instllation path is set correctly". I clicked on "ok", which opens to a window titled "Installation Directory". It asks for Game Profile", Installation Directory, Game Language, and User Save Data Directory". I set the installation directory to the IWD:EE folder, and the save directory to t he save folder in my IWD:EE folder. I get a message saying that EEKeper is unable to read the games resources. What am I doing wrong?
    Are you sure you're the installation directory to the game folder and not the Documents? It should look something like this.

j0ftz0upa235.png
    Yes, I typed in IWD:EE on the game profile, I set the installation directory to the IWD:EE folder, typed in "English" for the language, and set the user Save Data Directory as the save folder's path. I clicked on "Use Custom Save Location", and clicked OK. The message I am getting says that EEKeeper is unable to read the game's resources.
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    @NeveroddoreveN:
    That error message suggests that you did not correctly specify the game folder.

Depending on your game distributor (GOG/Steam/Beamdog) and your operating system, the actual game folder may be wrapped inside another folder.

You have to specify the actual game folder; It's the one that contains the chitin.key file.
    I bought IWD:EE off of GOG, and I did a search on my computer to find where the folder is, I found it, but I o do not see the file "chitin.key".
    Maybe I need to uninstall and then reinstall?
    edited November 2020
    I bought IWD:EE off of GOG, and I did a search on my computer to find where the folder is, I found it, but I o do not see the file "chitin.key".

Do you see a subfolder called "game"?
    That may be the actual game folder which contains "chitin.key".

(Also, if your Windows Explorer is configured to hide file extensions, that file may display as just "chitin".)
    Maybe I need to uninstall and then reinstall?

Unlikely.
    Without the chitin.key file, the game wouldn't even start. So it's gotta be there, somewhere.
    First, thanks for your help. Second, the only folders I see here are "characters", "lang', "portraits", and "save". I checked in all of them, I don't see the file, "chitin.key". This is confusing and frustrating. I bought IWD:EE off of GOG.com, and I did a search on my PC (Windows 10) and this is the only listing of "Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition".
    edited November 2020
    the only folders I see here are "characters", "lang', "portraits", and "save"

Ah.
    Then you're not in the game's installation folder, you're in the game's user data folder (where your savegames and custom portraits reside, but not the game itself).

The default installation folder used by GOG's offline installer for the game is:
    C:\GOG Games\Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition

(Offline installer meaning, not installed via GOG Galaxy. I don't know where GOG Galaxy keeps its installed games.)
    Yes! Got it working!! Thanks, guys! I appreciate your help!!!! Side thought - will EEKeeper work with Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and it's sequel??
    Yes. It works with BG:EE, BG2:EE, and Siege of Dragonspear too.