Skip to content

MegaMod 3.13: Mazzy Romance, Clara NPC, Darkside Anomen, Flying Aerie, For The Evil, & more! (DONE)

Comments

• skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    @Ratatoskr, waiting for v2.33 with Russian translation.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Ratatoskr
    How compatible is this mod with Longer Road which may allow the same NPCs to join in ToB?

Thankee!
  • Svetozar1994Svetozar1994 Member Posts: 2
    First of I'd like to start of by saying that I have been enjoying this mod immensely, the job you guys did is amazing! But I encountered a bug and cant proceed forward. I think it is the first scripted talk with Mazzy in the underdark, the one where she feels the presence of a shade lord. The dialogue starts just before resting, but the cutscene for the rest never appears, Mazzy starts stuttering, and I cant save nor rest, cause I am in dialouge mode, however no follow up dialogue shows up, since rest never occurred.

The two other mods that I have is unfinished business and portraits everywhere. I also have some other new npc mode, but haven't been using them in this playthrough. Thx in advance, keep doing a great job!
  • Svetozar1994Svetozar1994 Member Posts: 2
    Ok I am an idiot, I just saw that issue was resolved a few days ago. Sry for bothering you guys, I downloaded the update and its working perfectly.
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    @Svetozar1994 No problem.

@Endarire
    Our Bodhi is a completely different character file so she shouldn't cause any issues with the Longest Road as far as we're aware. In fact, you should be able to get both versions at the same time.

@skusha The Russian translation of the latest version should be up.
    skushaIsewein
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 452
    edited November 2020
    Ok I am an idiot, I just saw that issue was resolved a few days ago. Sry for bothering you guys, I downloaded the update and its working perfectly.

My bug fix actually worked? Awesome.

Also Portraits Portraits Everywhere is the greatest mod ever. I've expanded minor characters just because I liked their portrait, we've borrowed some of their portraits for the wraith scenes, I really can't say enough good things about it.

The general way we do it is Ratatoskr plays (and tests) the game with a zillion mods installed and I play (and test) the game with no mods installed (other than ours), but the one exception is Portraits Portraits Everywhere; I always play with PPE installed.
    Isewein
  • mademan2mademan2 Member Posts: 54
    Im trying to do Mazzy's heart quest, I went into the thieves guildhall and want to clear it out but even tho I sided with them in chapter 3 I cant proceed downstairs to where Linvail is, how do I open the secret doors and proceed with the quest?
    Thanks.
    Ratatoskr wrote: »
    @mademan2 That definitely sounds like a glitch. That was a ridiculously complicated conversation, so we probably forgot to close out a global somewhere. We'll take a look at soon as we can.

Can you tell us who is in your party and, if you know how to check global values, what the value of Global("_bmazzyShadeLT","GLOBAL") is?

And finally, did you get the conversation that ends with: "Thankfully it is gone now and I should be all right. Give me another few minutes and I will be ready to continue our journey." That should help us track down the exact issue.

I saw that BCaesar and you already fixed the issue, thank you for your hard work. I know its a bit late but I had Imoen, Aerie, Kelsey (mod) and Nalia in the party, (and Mazzy of course). And yes the conversation about her being ok in a few minutes did play, it seemed to genuinely finish it just got screwed up somehow.
    I had to release her from my party down in the Underdark, kind of a mean thing to do but I couldnt rest without the conversation triggering up and it hasnt triggered since, I think I screwed up her romance or something but who knows :D

If its still necessary I can look up the value if you want.
    Never mind, the enemies in the guildhall respawned and one shadow thief ran up to me and invited me to see Linvail again... while I was killing his buddies... dont know if thats how its meant to happen or if its even part of the quest :D
    edited November 2020
    mademan2 wrote: »
    Im trying to do Mazzy's heart quest, I went into the thieves guildhall and want to clear it out but even tho I sided with them in chapter 3 I cant proceed downstairs to where Linvail is, how do I open the secret doors and proceed with the quest?
    Thanks.
    You need the key held by Gaelan Bayle in the slums. Go get it from him.
    mademan2 wrote: »
    I saw that BCaesar and you already fixed the issue, thank you for your hard work. I know its a bit late but I had Imoen, Aerie, Kelsey (mod) and Nalia in the party, (and Mazzy of course). And yes the conversation about her being ok in a few minutes did play, it seemed to genuinely finish it just got screwed up somehow.
    I had to release her from my party down in the Underdark, kind of a mean thing to do but I couldnt rest without the conversation triggering up and it hasnt triggered since, I think I screwed up her romance or something but who knows :D

If its still necessary I can look up the value if you want.

Can you load a save before that scene and see if it works okay in the new version?

Any news about the future update? Especially about the content for Clara?
    skusha wrote: »
    Any news about the future update? Especially about the content for Clara?

Not much. We're pretty low on motivation at the moment, though I'm still trying to chip away at it as I have time. Mostly we're looking forward to not playing BG2 anymore, but we do have a few last ideas we want to finish up first.

Right now I'm coding objections good party members have to having Bodhi in your party. Also (with the help of Ratatoskr) finishing up writing, editing and coding some additional dialogues and a quest if you have Viconia with you in the drow city, Ust Natha.

Once I finish up with Ust Natha I'll be back on the surface and I could wander over to Athkatla and start coding a quest we have semi-finished for Clara. Maybe add Bodhi to SoA.
    ThacoBellskusha
    @BCaesar, most importantly, do not lose motivation and please complete the mod to the final release. :blush:
  • Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 280
    edited December 2020
    Yes, we want more Bodhi's banters and a romance with her would also be great :)
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    A romance with Bodhi would be funny. Let her bite you twice a week for a dose of godling blood that drives her to sexual euphoria and some crazy drug like addiction.

These vampire girls in ToB sure were horny beyond belief at the sight of Gorion's Ward and his/hers divine blood.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I think this mod is already horny enough...
    Caszidy
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    Austin87 wrote: »
    ...and a romance with her would also be great :)

Please don't :#:D I hope this was some kind of sarcasm or something like that B)
    ThacoBell
    @skusha Don't worry, we do intend to work on this mod until it's complete. We're just back to our old schedule of a new update every few months or so for now. However, do note that our definition of complete may not include a Clara romance as neither of us is particularly interested in her that way.

Seriously, this was only supposed to be a Mazzy romance. That's what BCaesar said when he dragged me in for editing ;)

So... BCaesar is finishing up the coding on Viconia's quest in the Underdark and we do plan to code an evil Clara-Viconia quest and another small Clara quest as well since we have those mostly written. There should also be some minor quest additions and more interjections, and probably a few more optional NPC-NPC romances eventually because we are incorrigible matchmakers....
    Though no Bodhi romance in the works.
    CaszidyThacoBellmegamike15skusha
    Feature Creep: The Mod
    megamike15
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    so much feature creep it may need a rename as alot of this content has nothing to do with mazzy.
    skusha wrote: »
    @BCaesar, most importantly, do not lose motivation and please complete the mod to the final release. :blush:

Is anything truly done? Don't worry though, we'll finish up all the stuff we've got in the pipeline.
    Austin87 wrote: »
    Yes, we want more Bodhi's banters and a romance with her would also be great :)

Not sure how many more banters I've got. I don't think I have another romance in me. CN-NPC dialogue is just the worst to write and code. Plus there already is one in Romantic Encounters, isn't there?
    Mothor wrote: »
    A romance with Bodhi would be funny. Let her bite you twice a week for a dose of godling blood that drives her to sexual euphoria and some crazy drug like addiction.

These vampire girls in ToB sure were horny beyond belief at the sight of Gorion's Ward and his/hers divine blood.

Hah. Except they don't actually want to sleep with you; they just want to eat you.
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    I think this mod is already horny enough...

True that.

megamike15 wrote: »
    so much feature creep it may need a rename as alot of this content has nothing to do with mazzy.

Yeah a name (rather than a collection of a dozen different names like the thread currently has) might be a good idea. So far all we've got is BCaesar and Ratatoskr's MegaMod.

Update: I've finished coding the good NPC's objecting to Bodhi being in your party. I'm currently coding more stuff for Viconia in Ust Natha, including expanding on the part where you can feed the eggs to the demon in exchange for stuff (it'll be an option for anyone provided you have Viconia and did her Ust Natha quest, not just evil NPC's).

Once that's done I'll leave the Underdark and we'll see about surface stuff.
    skushaThacoBell
    edited December 2020
    @BCaesar, @Ratatoskr I look forward to the update, and I do not give up hope that one day the Clara's romance will be realized too. :wink: And of course I would like more quest content and branching NPCs storylines.
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Feature Creep: The Mod
    megamike15 wrote: »

What we realized when we started thinking about other projects (Clara was our first non-Mazzy project) was that it made everything way simpler in terms of coding, editing, and bug-testing if every mod we made was contained in a single mod installation.

We couldn't think of any actual good reason for us to make Mazzy Romance one mod with it's own install file and thread, Clara NPC another separate mod with it's own thread and install file, Darkside Anomen a third, etc. It would've just made us crazy and would've made everything have far more bugs.

Every modder should've done this. It would've made all of their lives easier. :)

Now all we're doing is finishing up a few loose ends, though we do have two new NPC-NPC romances to code before we're done (they're mostly written already, largely in the same form of the Minsc-Neera-Boo romance or the Clara-Anomen romance, where one side of the romance already exists and the other person's dialogues are written in).

And then I'm going to celebrate by abandoning BG2 for a while and binge-playing Planescape:Torment. I've only just started playing the EE version and I'm impressed (mostly because the original Planescape:Torment, while brilliant, was so buggy as to be almost unplayable even with the last official patch).
    megamike15IseweinThacoBell
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    agree the ee for planescape is better then the original. even fixed a soft lock that had been in the gog version for years.
  • aleks922aleks922 Member Posts: 30
    Hi folks!

I'm pretty new to mod installing for these games.
    I have downloaded the latest version of this mod and unpacked it into my GOG Games\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition folder.
    I started the setup and chose English language. But when I type "I" and confirm that I want to install the mod, I get a whole bunch of parsing errors.

I'm using Win7 x64 and I ran the setup file as administrator.

Thanks for any help!
    I propose "Mazzy and Friends: Friendship is Magic" for a title :P
    megamike15
  • Raider_of_Lost_ArsRaider_of_Lost_Ars Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2020
    I'd like to have Clara as a playable character. Is it possible to install the mod when I've already started the quest or should I restart it?

edit: I restarted the quest, but Clara still died. How do you enable the mod? How do you verify if the mod is working? Do I have to restart from a new game?
    Post edited by Raider_of_Lost_Ars on
    @aleks922 Okay, the current version w/ Russian still installs for me on both language choices, so I don't think it's the code. First check box, both the setup Weidu file and the AllThingsMazzy folder are in the same folder as your chitin.key, correct? Can you also tell us what the first error says or send over your debug file?

@ThacoBell I would totally steal that, but if we change the Mod Title, we have to recode the entire setup file so a name change may never actually happen. Renaming our folders now is just asking for glitches.

@Raider_of_Lost_Ars Clara always dies. It's part of the quest. If our mod is working, you
    should be able to kill Hexxat and get additional text suggesting that you kill the vampire for good.
    Raider_of_Lost_ArsThacoBell
    aleks922 wrote: »
    Hi folks!

I'm pretty new to mod installing for these games.
    I have downloaded the latest version of this mod and unpacked it into my GOG Games\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition folder.
    I started the setup and chose English language. But when I type "I" and confirm that I want to install the mod, I get a whole bunch of parsing errors.

I'm using Win7 x64 and I ran the setup file as administrator.

Thanks for any help!

I bet I know what happened. If you just extract the zipped file into your BG2 folder it won't work because what you'll end up with is a folder that says "All Things Mazzy 2.33+russian" in your BG2 folder.

What you need to do is open that folder and you'll see two things:
    1) A folder that says "AllThingsMazzy"
    2) A program that says "Setup-AllThingsMazzy"

Put both of those things into your BG2 EE folder. Then run the setup and it should work.
  • Raider_of_Lost_ArsRaider_of_Lost_Ars Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2020
    Ratatoskr wrote: »

Thanks for the help Sir Ratatoskr.

I've finally recruited Clara. I thought you could have both Hexxat and Clara, though I'd have Clara over Hexxat. I think this was a missed opportunity on Beamdog's part, that you could have both as party members. Hexxat could have turned Clara into a vampire or choose to kill Hexxat to retain Clara's human form. I'll try to recommend your work whenever and however I can, thanks for your gifts to the BG community. :)

edit: uhm, after peeking at the dialogue files, I have some spoilery questions:
    Are you still able to recruit Hexxat and who should Clara interact with to gain some stat boosts?

edit 2: Could you dual class Clara? I gave her some books to read to increase her Wisdom, but still she couldn't change to Cleric.
    edit 3: nvm, it seems I also need to give her gym books to buff her Strength as a Shadow Dancer before going to Cleric. :D
    Post edited by Raider_of_Lost_Ars on