Skip to content

Weapon Prof's for my party

Hello all,

At this moment I am starting another run of BG2 SOA+TOB again.
I have my party for this run in mind, but i am not sure which weapons I should invest in.

I am trying to NOT craft the Crom Faeyr this run because it was my staple weapon for the last couple of runs.

My party wil consist of the following:

Charname : Elven Fighter/Mage multi
Mazzy
Jaheira
Viconia
Neera (probably gonna EEKEEPER her to a Sorceror)
Last slot is kinda wonky... Think about taking Yoshimo this time ( I really dont like having a thief but hey what can you do).

Now if I leave warhammers a side this run i am looking for some other fun weapons.

For Jaheira I want to start with Shield and a scimitar or club, later spec here for dual wieling with Belm and another scimitar or club.

That leaves Mazzy and Charname for other frontline weapons. And only one other speed weapon: the kundane short sword.

I do not want to use short swords for Mazzy. Maybe Axes? But will axes be enough for TOB?
Charname can use Long Swords or or are there other good weapons that can still carry TOB en also the early/mid game? Then again there is also the Flail of Ages.

Viconia probably sling?

Neera throwing daggers? Boomerang dagger and later firetooth? Or are there better options?

Yoshimo bows of maybe katana's?

Any advice on the weapons I should invest in?

Thanks in advance.

gorgonzola

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Yoshimo ... you can't keep him forever. Hexxat doesn't play well with Mazzy. Looks like you'll be taking on a mage/thief in the long run. Well, OK, there is a way to get through the Mazzy/Hexxat conflict conversation without a fight; you end up sending Mazzy back to Trademeet, and can reclaim her afterward even if you still have Hexxat.

Messing with Neera's class ... probably a bad idea. Being a wild mage is critical to her character identity, and her ToB quest even requires her to cast a Reckless Dweomer. Maybe a "wild sorcerer"? Leave the 5% wild surge effect, and add the WM-only spells to her spells known?

Proficiency choices on the non-warriors ... don't sweat it. Pure mages take their last proficiency at level 18 (3M XP), because there aren't any more left. Pure clerics take their last at level 32 (5.4M XP).

There are, of course, far more good weapons than you can use. There aren't really any wrong choices here, since there are endgame weapons in every category. You won't go wrong with axes. Or flails. Or bastard swords. Or long swords. Or halberds. Or ... well, OK, don't go with longbows.

Your protagonist and Jaheira are limited to specialization, so they'll develop multiple weapons. Feel free to switch around as your options change, or even for the needs of particular fights. Mazzy is really the only one who will focus heavily - bows and one melee weapon. I went with flails for her in my recent no-spellcasting run, dual-wielding the Flail of Ages and the Defender of Easthaven in the late game.
    gorgonzola
  • DeeKayNLDeeKayNL Member Posts: 110
    jmerry wrote: »
    Yoshimo ... you can't keep him forever. Hexxat doesn't play well with Mazzy. Looks like you'll be taking on a mage/thief in the long run. Well, OK, there is a way to get through the Mazzy/Hexxat conflict conversation without a fight; you end up sending Mazzy back to Trademeet, and can reclaim her afterward even if you still have Hexxat.

Messing with Neera's class ... probably a bad idea. Being a wild mage is critical to her character identity, and her ToB quest even requires her to cast a Reckless Dweomer. Maybe a "wild sorcerer"? Leave the 5% wild surge effect, and add the WM-only spells to her spells known?

Proficiency choices on the non-warriors ... don't sweat it. Pure mages take their last proficiency at level 18 (3M XP), because there aren't any more left. Pure clerics take their last at level 32 (5.4M XP).

There are, of course, far more good weapons than you can use. There aren't really any wrong choices here, since there are endgame weapons in every category. You won't go wrong with axes. Or flails. Or bastard swords. Or long swords. Or halberds. Or ... well, OK, don't go with longbows.

Your protagonist and Jaheira are limited to specialization, so they'll develop multiple weapons. Feel free to switch around as your options change, or even for the needs of particular fights. Mazzy is really the only one who will focus heavily - bows and one melee weapon. I went with flails for her in my recent no-spellcasting run, dual-wielding the Flail of Ages and the Defender of Easthaven in the late game.

Thank you!

POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW

I know of the plot twist regarding my thief choice :D I already calculated to replace someone in Spellhold. So i thought why not play like it was meant to be :D

For some reason I really dont like Hexxat. I usually only take her for the first quest only to get the bag of holding. I think Neera is the only one I dont dislike from the EE NPC's.

Regarding Neera, I am a little hesitant because of the Wild Magic, I once had all my gold oblitorated by her and realised this waaaayy to late. No more safegame :angry: . But I think I will give it another try and try too really pay attention to her magic.

:blush: I forgot my charname cant go Grandmastery compared to a dualclass. So weapon profs indeed wont be a problem. But then again mulit gets HLA for both classes.

gorgonzola
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    edited November 2020
    Any specific reason why you don't want to go with short swords for Mazzy? She's one of the few NPCs who can really do them justice.
    The rest has been said in the other post before, flail especially is something I'd absolutely agree with.

Edit: Mace for Viconia! Mauler's Arm gives Str 18, that's a huge benefit for her.
    AerakarBlackbɨrd
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    edited November 2020
    I would not personally worry about changing Neera's class to sorcerer. Her quests are poorly written which means skipping them is a blessing rather than a curse, and the chance of losing 80% of your gold at any given moment in time makes her the only companion in the game who's actively harmful to the party. YMMV though and if you find her questline to be interesting and/or find wild surges to be entertaining then you probably wouldn't want to change her class after all.

As for CHARNAME, if you don't like the thief NPCs (and many don't) then the obvious solution is to go FMT rather than FM. Your caster level won't be very good but it wasn't going to be good as FM anyway, and you'll have all the synergies that FMTs bring to the table. Those would include fighter/thief (can backstab and then have the staying power to stay in melee), mage/thief (can cast invisibility which lets you ignore stealth skills in favor of pickpocket), and fighter/mage (can cast buffs which make you essentially invulnerable in melee).

Or alternatively you can throw Jan into the last slot.
    Post edited by jsaving on
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Neera's ability to nuke all your gold does make holding on to items, such as gems, more important - which is why I've been tempted to take her at least once. Instead of tons of gold, the party would have crates of gems and rare items laying around the stronghold.

Given that I've long thought that a party of 6 people hauling around several hundred thousand gold pieces was a bit unrealistic, this is kind of an interesting idea.
    gorgonzola
    Thanks for all your comments.
    Any specific reason why you don't want to go with short swords for Mazzy?

I always thought that short swords are kinda underwelming in BG2. That is the main reason I dont like the short swords. There are some with some good enchantment but they get overshadowed by the other weapons?
    I would not personally worry about changing Neera's class to sorcerer. Her quests are poorly written which means skipping them is a blessing rather than a curse, and the chance of losing 80% of your gold at any given moment in time makes her the only companion in the game who's actively harmful to the party. YMMV though and if you find her questline to be interesting and/or find wild surges to be entertaining then you probably wouldn't want to change her class after all.

I am still debating on that one :D Probably wont know for sure till I recrute her.
    As for CHARNAME, if you don't like the thief NPCs (and many don't) then the obvious solution is to go FMT rather than FM. Your caster level won't be very good but it wasn't going to be good as FM anyway, and you'll have all the synergies that FMTs bring to the table. Those would include fighter/thief (can backstab and then have the staying power to stay in melee), mage/thief (can cast invisibility which lets you ignore stealth skills in favor of pickpocket), and fighter/mage (can cast buffs which make you essentially invulnerable in melee).

I was under the impression that my party as it is, with 6 members and 2 multi's, I already have some issues with getting enough XP. Wouldnt a FMT be much more underleveled with a party of 6??
    Neera's ability to nuke all your gold does make holding on to items, such as gems, more important - which is why I've been tempted to take her at least once.

I already had her once in my party and exactly that happened and some more :D Not really looking forward of that happening again :smile:
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    here is who i would do it;

main char;

shield and longsword or dual wield ( in SoA you have; blade of roses +3, black razor, equalizer, and a whole bunch of neat +2 longswords spread through out )

or

shield and flail or dual wield ( you have flail of the ages and/or defender of east haven, if you go shield style, i would use defender of east haven for main weapon, and perhaps have the ages as a backup main weapon )

or

katana and shield or katana and flail, using the celestial fury with defender of east haven is a nice choice

mazzy;

i would definitely go with axes, there are 2 +3 axes in SoA alone ( actually there is a 3rd throwing axe +3 but you can only get it if you side with bodhi which im not sure if mazzy will be a fan of, actually i guess there is that OTHER +3 axe that bernard sells but its pretty much only useful for killing undead baddies and i think it is also a throwing axe ) and the axe of the unyielding in ToB is an AMAZING axe in everyway, good REGEN, + AC, + CON, and vorpal hits, like damn

jaheira;

and the end of the day i usually go with clubs for her, when you finish the trademeet quest you can buy the +3 blackblood club which deals an extra 3 acid damage per hit, its pretty killer, the only problem with jaheira and dual wielding is that it will take a LONG time before she actually gets some decent proficiency in it because she only starts off with 1 proficiency point in scimitars which means she has to wait until her fighter level hits 15 before she gets that 2nd point in two weapon fighting which is the 3.5 million XP mark, but up to you

viconia;

im not a fan of putty viccy into melee, with those garbage HP, even with all the buffs on the planet she still seems to get chunked whenever i move her to melee so i would stick with sling, which she can do really well thanks to her 19 DEX, added with a belt of giant STR or even the mits of ogre power, and she will actually be able to hit quite hard even, coupled with a draw upon holy might and she can really tear it up from long range, as for melee choice, i usually like giving my clerics maces, like the improved mace of disruption, thanks to its negative plane protection it should help make sure my cleric doesn't get level drained or you can even give her the flail of ages ( if you up her STR a bit that is )

yoshimo/ imoen or jan?

for the "thief" portion i always go with shortbows, in SoA when you finish trademeet you can buy the +3 shortbow that fires phantom arrows meaning you never have to stock up on them and it counts as a +3 weapon, plus i like having that extra APR over crossbows, and in late SoA you get gesen bow which hits as a +4 weapon, even better, for melee i will actually go with staves usually, but im not really a fan of backstabbing, if you are into the backstabbing then katana is a good choice for SoA, in ToB quarterstaff is where it is at for staff of the ram, or if you thief has garbage STR you can use the +5 longsword that sets your STR to 22 if no one else is using it for a thief, sometimes that sword will deal more damage than staff of the ram just because of the STR increase

and then that also depends on who you want to replace yoshimo with;
    if you dont care about backstabs or traps i would definitely go with imoen

but if you want to be able to set traps and backstab i would go with jan, just remember jan can't learn abidalzim's horrid wilting and imoen will hit higher level spells faster and even more of them than jan will ( since jan can only ever hit level 20 in mage while imoen will hit level 31 )

neera or nalia?

unless you are using neera for a romance or for story you could just use nalia instead if need be, she may get one spell less per level but she comes wild magic free and they both play the same anyway except nalia has more weapon options than neera has

but regardless my "dedicated" arcane user always gets the throwing daggers ( boomerang or firetooth ) and if you can give them a belt of STR ( i usually only give them the 19 STR belt ) if they hit they will actually do some serious damage with them as well

or

if you have nalia instead of neera you can give nalia the shortbows ( the cool shortbow from trademeet/gesen ) and give your thief the throwing dagger because even in melee it still does its huge 2d4 + whatever damage if you plan to go the backstab route

gorgonzola
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    edited November 2020
    DeeKayNL wrote: »
    I was under the impression that my party as it is, with 6 members and 2 multi's, I already have some issues with getting enough XP. Wouldnt a FMT be much more underleveled with a party of 6??
    At any amount of xp from 0 to 9 million, multi fighters will be stronger than single-classed fighters. Yes, the multi fighter will be lower-level but the synergies between his classes will easily be strong enough to offset the higher level a single-classed fighter can reach.

However you do have to go into a FMT with the proper mindset, understanding that your mage levels are there mainly to support your other functions. Here I am thinking of things like mirror/stoneskin for melee, invisibility for backstab, and breach/pierce to remove defenses that might impede backstab/melee. If you go into FMT thinking, gosh, I am magically wimpy because my fireballs don't do much damage and I'll never cast dragon's breath, then neither FMT nor FM will be a good fit and you should probably go with something like a berserker/mage or kensai/mage dual instead.
    gorgonzola
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited November 2020
    FoA: it is probably the best weapon in the game, you can get it early, you can upgrade it (to +4 if you want to be able to improved haste, +5 if you don't or if you don't mind to unequip it, haste the toon and equip it again), good damage, elemental damages to disrupt trough stoneskins and it has a chance on hit to slow without save the enemy, making him move slower but also cast and attack slower, the slow effects are cumulative, if more then one triggers they stack.
    Give it to a toon with good APR and you will not regret it, Mazzi and charname are good candidates, if used DW a speed weapon in the OH even better.

Sword and shield= wasted pips. A fighter can equip a shield even without a single pip in it when he needs to tank and is just as good, all that it does is -2 or -4 vs ranged, ranged is not a big problem in BG2 and anyway ribald sells a shield that reflects the missiles to the attacker (it works also with the fire arrow arcane spell, very useful for a FM to get rid of protections that bounce the spell, equip the shield, cast a fire arrow and watch it bounce consuming the enemy protection levels and at the end hit him) and a shield that has a bonus vs missile. Spend your pips wisely, for weapon proficiences or other styles. And still to equip a shield can be done, when protection is more important then doing damage, my fighters use or not the shield depending on the particular situation, but never spend a single pip in that style.

Jaheira: it is true that to get 2 pips in DW takes a long time, but IMO as soon as she gets them the better it is. She has a pip in scimitar and 2 in club at the start, so she is "ready to go" from the beginning, using Belm to boost her APR, Blackblood when more Thac0 is needed vs well armored enemies and vs critters and mages she can also DW with a single pip in that style. So she can switch between the 2 weapons while tanking with a shield or equip both depending on the particular situation, ie she can DW to take out fast minor but annoying helpers then use the shield and tank the boss, as at that point Mazzy will have got enough beating and needs relief.
    She can be also effective with staves, the staff of Ryn (+4 and available very soon) at the beginning, the one of the Ram as soon as you feel ready to go to WK and get it, I prefer her DW or tanking with a shield, but with the staff, that has a long reach, she can hit from behind your tank making her a good flanker.
    It mostly depends on your play style.

Neera: as sorcerer all her RP reason to be is completely lost, but it is probably still possible to play all her quest that has some interesting battles.
    As wild mage, as @Maurvir told, the surge that cause the gold disappear is the last of her problems. Just avoid to keep huge cash, sell the loot and gems only when you need money to buy something, plenty of containers in game to store them and no one will ever steal them from there, and spend as soon as possible the cash rewards from the quests to buy useful items and/or enchanted bullets for the slings. You will never loose more then few thousand GP even in the worst case.
    Her problems are with other possible surges, like when you haste the party and a fireball triggers instead, and on and over.
    To run successfully a Wild mage, without abusing of reload, thing that keeps all the pros of the kit denying the cons, needs some finesse and caution. I never use my wild mage to cast spells on the party, he is an offensive weapon only, and as soon as possible I try to use him trough his PI only, so if an on self bed surge happens it affects the clone. This way I abuse of the dwrhomers, my wild mage spams spells he has still not the level to cast normally as long as i can get a scroll to learn them (not paying the CW's licence and fighting them is a very good way to get some high level scrolls pretty soon, also pick pocketing the Amn guards sometimes works). End game the wild mage properly used is the most powerful class, every PI can spam an incredible number of very high level spells and does not even to memorize the ones he spams trough the dwehomers.
    I had never felt the need to reload for a bad surge doing this, but this means that you need other mages (charname+Jan?) to cast the on party spells.

Viky: she can not tank, but she can go to mlee and be very effective. Her buffs give to her some more HP, full buff +2/level + the ones she gets from rised CON, and she has 50% MR, as flanker is pretty resilient. And she can DW without problem with 25 STR (+7 thac0, +14 dmg) starting from the base thac0 of a fighter of the same level, so even with a single pip in DW her attacks will be in the negative value.
    She needs some levels to do it as the cleric buffs are level depending, but as single class she gets levels faster then a multi like Aerie. Improved hasted for 4 apr and used as flanker and not tank she adds some noticeable punch to your damage output.
    When ranged she is also highly effective as the sling gets dmg bonus from STR, and she can go 25 without items, launcher and ammo enchantment, end game she does probably between 25 and 30 dmg/attack and hasted has 2 attacks/round, while she still has most of the round to cast her spells. Hammers, maces or even the FoA, if someone with better APR does not use it, the better sling you can find and plenty of enchanted bullets and she is set to go.

Katana is very strong in SoA, less strong, but still viable in ToB, axe is also good, but about the regeneration given by the unyielding one, and about the regeneration from items in general i find it too slow to really matter while in combat, while it is useful while you explore the areas to replenish health from the previous battle without spending potions or spells and super useful when you travel from area to area, even with the ioun stone equipped, that has a super slow regen rate, the toon heals completely.
    Now the point is that you can equip that axe to regenerate even if you don't have a single pip in it and you never use it in combat.
    Halberd is also a strong and somehow underrated weapon, you find good ones in SoA and a super strong one, vorpal without save, sadly too late in ToB, only few battles remaining when you can use it.

FMT rooks in little parties, but is still very strong and versatile in full ones, I 100% agree with @jmerry on that and on how to use it. He can DW, but I prefer to have him use staves, that are the best stabbing weapons. Ryn is a +4 one, so has good chance to hit and the +4 dmg gets multiplied, the staff of striking is there, with charges, when you want granted huge stabs and as you get the Ram one those are granted without using charges, up to the cheese to have the FMT invisible trough a mislead clone so stabbing for amazing damage every attack. I don't do it, it is way too OP, but it can be done.
    The second best stabbing weapon is the katana, high damage if you roll high and using "that" katana there is a chance that the stabbed enemy is also stunned, does not happens always but it happens often if you stab often.

EDIT: giving to the FMT staff pips he can also use the staff of the magi with its super useful dispel on hit, every mage and thief with UAI can, the difference is that he does not need hla to do it and has good thac0, while your ordinary mage can miss more and anyway his place is far from the enemies casting spells. Bash a dragon with the SoTM, then switch to the one of the Ram, if high level activating GWW, my FMTs had won more then one battle dragon in this way alone, in a single round and without even be scratched. Or hit a mage with the SoTM, quaff an invisibity potion and stab him with the staff of striking/ram.
    Post edited by gorgonzola on
    Aerakar
  • KorbenDallasKorbenDallas Member Posts: 29
    Upvote for Flail of the Ages + Belm in the offhand. Better if you can apply more pips to flails, I have Minc dual wielding like this but as a ranger he can only have 2 pips for any weapon class. Still the APR bonus from Belm creates more opportunities for a slow, and if the enemy you are fighting isn't immune to the effect, it is devastating. Even better with Improved Haste, more chances for a slow, and if the enemy gets slowed with improved haste on your character, the damage per second ratio is incredibly in your favor.

I'll even check the game log carefully for the slow effect, and if Minsc slows an enemy I'll have him attack a different enemy while the rest of my party takes care of the slowed one. This works better with improved haste, but the Flail of the Ages is definitely one of the best weapons in the game.
    gorgonzolaAerakar
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    One more thing; Mazzy, she is the only one in the party that can reach GM, she already has it in short bow, but whatever mlee weapon she uses she should get it also for it. Possibly not in the very end game.
    As a fighter gets a lot of pips, but not infinite ones, she should plan carefully her choices don't wasting any pip in other weapons and choosing, if she want to DW, if to push earlier the pips in that style or reach GM faster, I would probably go for 2 pips in DW and then push GM, but I would also chose short sword, even if is not the best class of weapons in the game, as she has already something in it, IMHO better to be full functional earlier then to be more powerful in the very end game. I would probably give the FOA to charname, as he can not go beyond specialization to have him specialized in flail, with at least 2 pips in DW is really fast, and DW FoA and DoE he is a good tank as he gets damage reduction, or he can use belm if Jaheira goes for staff or spear.

An other beautiful weapon for charname is dagger, strange as it can seem, ranged the throwing ones get str bonus and +1 apr, mlee they keep the apr bonus, but can only be used MH, this means that equipping belm or kundane OH he gets +2 apr from the weapons reaching fairly easy 5 apr even before lev 13, or he can be satisfied to use an other good weapon OH, topping at 4.5 apr after lev 13, having 3 toons, the 3 fighter types, that get +1 apr from the weapon. He is ready to give to jaheira belm, when he reaches lev 13, loosing only half apr, about the moment she gets 2 pips in DW gaining from it a full apr. Good synergy even if some players see as odd to use a dagger as MW (but throwing ones roll for 2d4, like a bastard sword).
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    There's a really good sling you can buy from Joluv in the slums. The sling of everard which is +5. It should be pretty expensive but will last you all game. I think that would be great for Viconia.

I noticed you said "fun weapons" so I have a few suggestions. First up is the Morning Star the sleeper which is really good early game. It makes humans fall asleep when hit by the weapon and is quite effective early game. Secondly The Brick (hammer from Neera's questline) is worth a try.
    Wow that where some walls of text to read :smile:

I hope I answer all of you.

Regarding Neera: I have decided to keep her as a Wild Mage. Especially I would like to do all her content in the game. I just have to really pay attention to the text in the bottom bar. Giving her the throwing daggers.

Regarding Charname: I made a multi Figher/mage and I am gonna stick with it. The FMT seems powerfull but some reason I really dont like the backstabbing mechanic. I love how it deals so much damage but I usually never do it even if I can. I probably rock the FoA with the DoE. Maybe some extra prof points in long sword so i can use weapons based on the situation.

Regarding Jaheira: I gonna rock her with shield and club in the beginning and at the end of SOA I hope i can get her to dual wield Club or Scimitar. I never pick sword and shield prof's on any character.

Regarding Mazzy: Difficult one, I really dislike the short swords in this game. Only short swords I normally use are Kundane and sometimes Arbane's Sword for the free action. I just got the axes from Nalia's Keep and Copper Coronet. Still have to pick up Mazzy though. I could EEKeeper her prof a bit (not adding more but replacing), but i dont know how i feel about that. PS i usually start with shield and weapon till late game.

Neera vs Nalia: The only reason I wanted to plat Neera over Nalia this time, is that I had her in my previous run. Nalia performs really well and has some thiefs skills to boot :smile: So I would also help me with my thief problem.

Yoshimo vs Jan: This has almost the same reason. I never finished a full game with Neera. I also never really use the thief possiblities of Jan, only sometimes the traps (mostly in the lowest levels of WK, The Seal fight and the fight with Demigorgon). I use the thieves for mostly two things: Traps and Open Locks. Sometimes to steal.

PS for slings would you recommend high enchanted slings or the sling of seeking?

gorgonzola
    Also I have two other questions, I hope I can ask the min this Topic otherwise I will make some new posts.

I'll ask them and if its not ok please let me know.

SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!

Question 1:

How to handle the following enemies?
    I have SCS installed. But only activated Calls for Help and Smarter AI Spellcaster if I am not mistaken.

The most problems I have are with Liches in general, I always need to cheese them by running away everytime they try to cast a spell and do this like 30 times :disappointed:
    The other fight which alsways causes me troubles are rakshasa in the druid grove. Same tactics there. In and out till their spells run out.

Any advice?

Question 2:

I did some research and found a list for my quest order (NPC quests not all included), would you say that following is kinda complete?

Easy:
    • Bridge District Murders (no required fights, just turn in the quest after confronting the culprit)
    • Graveyard Orphan/Paladin
    • Circus Tent
    • Mae'var's quests 1 and 3 (first part to steal the necklace, and third part to confront the traitor)
    • Harper Hold
    • Copper Coronet slaves
    • Roger's troll (sewers)
    • Trademeet Skinner (requires trademeet genies and druids completed)
    • Umar hills mimic blood quest
    • Windspear Dryads
    • Quests for the Paladin in Hall of the Radiant Heart
    • Illithium ore
    • 2nd quest for helm
    • Daystar
    • Steal ring from ribald
    Medium:
    • De'Arnise Keep
    • Mae'var/Renald's quests
    • Trademeet druids and Genies (without cheese)
    • Umar Hills
    • Rescue Haer'dalis and the gem from the mage.
    • Level 1 of Watcher's Keep
    • Ore for the artist
    • Windspear Hills
    • Slavers in the Slums
    Hard:
    • Rescue Haer'dalis and friends from the other plane
    • Unseeing Eye
    • Planar Sphere
    • Level 2 of Watcher's Keep
    Very Hard:
    • Mind flayer lair in the sewers
    • Guarded Compound in the temple district
    • Kangaxx
    • Levels 3, 4, 5 and 6 of Watcher's Keep
    • Staff of the magi place
    • Firkraag
    • Shadow Dragon

Thanks you all!
  • SatrhanSatrhan Member Posts: 75
    I followed the same list, it seems pretty complete and accurate.
    I wouldn't rank the murders quest as easy if you plan to confront the killer yourself though, that has a surprisingly tough fight.
    Other than that it is a good list. I did do Firkraag rather soon, that was a tough fight that took me a few tries, but very satisfying when I finally got him with a party at mostly lvl 11 (I think).

Can't comment on the liches yet, I skipped most of those, saving them for after the underdark (so on my to do list now). The only one I faced is the one that guards Daystar. That fight was so easy somehow, not really sure what happened. He did summon some mordekainen's swords that were annoying, and got a confusion spell off I think, but he chunked pretty fast (I think Minsc got a crit on him somehow).
    Satrhan wrote: »
    I followed the same list, it seems pretty complete and accurate.
    I wouldn't rank the murders quest as easy if you plan to confront the killer yourself though, that has a surprisingly tough fight.
    Other than that it is a good list. I did do Firkraag rather soon, that was a tough fight that took me a few tries, but very satisfying when I finally got him with a party at mostly lvl 11 (I think).

Can't comment on the liches yet, I skipped most of those, saving them for after the underdark (so on my to do list now). The only one I faced is the one that guards Daystar. That fight was so easy somehow, not really sure what happened. He did summon some mordekainen's swords that were annoying, and got a confusion spell off I think, but he chunked pretty fast (I think Minsc got a crit on him somehow).

Thanks, I almost everytime confront the killer, that fight can go both ways, sometimes super easy, sometimes I get owned.

Last time I got so owned by the lich that guards the daystar, I never got it in that run :smile:
    When he goes hostile he fires of all his prebuffes and indeed the confusion spells and the aoe spells get me.

I always have trouble fighting liches, also the one in the underdark that you free and the one in the tombs for edwin's quest.