Skip to content

After Sarevok Bug

FacuSala97FacuSala97 Member Posts: 5
Hi everyone :D

I have a problem after killing Sarevok... When he dies, instead of launching the cinematic, my protagonist dies.

It even creates a Final Save, but a broken one, if i try to use it on the dlc or BG2, the game crashes.

I thought he killed me before, so i loaded the save before the Final one and tryed again, and my character was alive when Sarevok died, and it happened again... The game jsut kills my character.
Post edited by NaturalBornKieler on

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,314
    Do you have mods installed?
  • FacuSala97FacuSala97 Member Posts: 5
    Grond0 wrote: »
    Do you have mods installed?

Nope.. i was going to install the Trilogy one, but decided not to.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,314
    Were you using a save created on an earlier version of the EE? I've had problems with the transition to SoD before when trying to use an old starting save.
    Mmm.. i dont think so, i bought the game a year ago and had to reinstall it on like february of 2020.. i started this game like two weeks ago
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

*SPOILER alert*

Did you ever receive a quest in which someone tells you you've been poisoned and have a certain amount of time to get the antidote?
    *SPOILER alert*

Did you ever receive a quest in which someone tells you you've been poisoned and have a certain amount of time to get the antidote?

I dont remember if i had on this run... i did on the older run
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    FacuSala97 wrote: »
    *SPOILER alert*

If you were told you were poisoned and didn't take steps to cure yourself, you would eventually die. You should at least have a journal entry telling you that you had been poisoned though.

I have no clue whether this is what is actually causing the problem though... it's just a guess on my part.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    FacuSala97 wrote: »
    *SPOILER alert*

If you were told you were poisoned and didn't take steps to cure yourself, you would eventually die. You should at least have a journal entry telling you that you had been poisoned though.

I have no clue whether this is what is actually causing the problem though... it's just a guess on my part.

The timing would have to be perfect. When I finally beat the game for the first time (I was 9) I couldn't figure out how to do the poison quest. But I'd seen my dad beat the main game so many times that I was able to speed run the main quest and beat it before dying from the poison.

Unless the op has SoD installed and the poison flag carries over?
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    edited November 2020
    I've had this sort of thing before.

The game picks the wrong SAREVO character or thinks you haven't done the Duchal sequence, and the sarevok in the temple ends up being the decoy one that makes Belt/Angelo fry you.