Skip to content

Have you ever noticed any errors in the Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale series that cracked you up?

2»

Comments

• TehCerealKillerTehCerealKiller Member Posts: 56
    edited October 2012
    mch202 said:

A game breaking error:

When I got out of the Candlekeep Catacombs it didnt begin chapter 7.. Reloading and re-exiting didnt help so I had to begin the game all over again. It happened to me only once though..

I had almost the exact same thing happen a few years ago in Icewind Dale. At the end of the game when you
    teleport back to Easthaven for the final boss battle, the game would stay in that sort of cut scene type state.
    That state that the game has you in right before you get ambushed by Sarevok at the beginning of
    Baldur's Gate where the screen dims a bit and Gorion and the PC are walking through the woods and he's
    telling you to find Khalid and Jaheira. It was like that only I couldn't do anything and the party just stood there
    twiddling their thumbs. Nothing worked to fix the problem except a complete uninstall and reinstall and I had
    to start the game over to boot.
  • TehCerealKillerTehCerealKiller Member Posts: 56
    Oh and there's the tombstone in Nashkel that spawns that mage that gets pissed at you for reading it. I managed to kill him once and then clicked the tombstone again and lo and behold here he comes again. An infinite experience glitch I wonder?
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    ARKdeEREH said:

An Amnish soldier in the Slums yelled "For the Glory of Amn" once and then proceeded to stab a cat to death with his spear.

AHAHA, I would LOVE to see that one.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    @CCarluNN
    WHAT DID YOU DO!?!
    Perhaps this is more common, as it's happened to me and my brother, but I've never seen it since so,
    I've seen birds turn into scrolls and then later back into birds.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    I was always a fan of the backwards flying eagle in BG. While it's perfectly possible for a bird to ride the wind and appear to be going backwards, it was rather hilarious when the bird would engage in multiple backwards fly overs, from different directions, in a short period of time. Maybe another mage turned into an avian?
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078

I noticed while playing Icewind Dale, that if you hit spacebar quickly and pause the game just after the Prologue's opening movie (speaking of huddling near a fire in the tavern and making plans for the future) and just before Hrothgar gives his opening monologue, you can save your game. When you load it after that, it actually replays the movie before loading, but its the Chapter 1 movie (not the Prologue). It also marks your save log as Chapter 1, instead of Prologue. If you then save in the same way again, and load again, it plays the Chapter 2 movie.... Marks the save log as Chapter 2.

You can keep doing this up through Chapter 7. Eventually you get some *Weird* movies. One is a Chapter 7 movie, with no voice narration, with text from Baldur's Gate! (It speaks of Gorion, etc.). The next one after that, has a picture of Saervok and just has the word "Beetle" scrolling up the screen.

Talk about bizarre.

Anyway you could do that and get some screenshots and/or video of it for us? I want to see this.
  • SecriaSecria Member Posts: 85
    I might remember this wrong, but sometimes items would just duplicate themselves when I picked them up from my inventory, like I pick a gem up and it was still there, so then I had two of them.
  • AndrasteAndraste Member Posts: 78
    My favourite BG bug has to be the cat that would report you to the guard for stealing. Of course, it might have been a druid in disguise, but still ...
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    This isn't an error, so much as an oddity, but I'm surprised at the sheer number of times BG2 tries to make you think a quest is time sensitive, when for most of them you can really just take as much time as you like.

Like you can take as long as you want to head off to the D'Arnise Castle after agreeing to help Nalia, everything will be fine. Despite what Bodhi says, there isn't really any rush to escape the Gauntlet and confront Irenicus. When I decided I wanted to do Watcher's Keep, and kill the two dragons I skipped before fighting Irenicus, I left Ellesime and the World Tree to have parasites munch on it for 30 days without any problems. There are so many examples of this happening and the quest giver telling you to hurry that it's a bit weird. Then you've got all your party members yelling at you to get started on their own quests. Gah!
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

I noticed while playing Icewind Dale, that if you hit spacebar quickly and pause the game just after the Prologue's opening movie (speaking of huddling near a fire in the tavern and making plans for the future) and just before Hrothgar gives his opening monologue, you can save your game. When you load it after that, it actually replays the movie before loading, but its the Chapter 1 movie (not the Prologue). It also marks your save log as Chapter 1, instead of Prologue. If you then save in the same way again, and load again, it plays the Chapter 2 movie.... Marks the save log as Chapter 2.

@HaHaCharade, was this with or without HoW installed? They radically change the opening scripting between the two.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    CamDawg said:

@HaHaCharade, was this with or without HoW installed? They radically change the opening scripting between the two.

With. In fact, the only reason I found this was because I used to save before Hrothgar spoke so that when I loaded my first save, it'd always play the opening Prologue movie (I'm OCD like that). And it always worked. Now, after HoW its messed up and does the video screw up shown here every time.
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    BG1: When returning to Candlekeep, that Doppleganger disguised as a priest dissecting cats? Killed him left the building, went back in and there he was again!

TOB: Once, in the pocket plane Challenge with your mirror self, Angelo said "no more" and fled, vanishing. Couldn't finish the challenge, had to relaod!
  • SigfenmilSigfenmil Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012

My character is a Berserker with 13 Int -.-.
    BGEE: in the xvart camp Nexlit the Xvart said
    "You monster! You kill us when we do nothin' to you. Well, Ursa kill you. Ursa protect us because Ursa kind."
    Ursa the Cave Bear spawned and immediately attacked and killed Nexlit.
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    @sepotter

I think that's the joke.

They think she's their protector, but she's like, just a normal bear? That does bear things?

Honestly I don't think I've done a single playthrough of BG1 where Ursa DIDN'T go straight for Nexlit. I always thought it was intentional.
  • Dr_AtomicDr_Atomic Member Posts: 50
    Once I cast Disintegrate on Irenicus in Spellhold...and he actually disintegrated! Normally, when his HP drops to a certain point, he's supposed to deliver a few lines and then teleport away, but because Disintegrate is an instant-kill spell that never happened and I was unable to advance in the game (although there'd not be much point to it, since I've technically already "won")
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Two thinks happend during my first BG2 playthrough.

1. The Underdark
    I had a romance with Anomen going on and suddely the Fire Lilly dialouge kicked in.
    "Oh [Charname], I saw that flower just now and it remindet me of you..."
    Were the F*UCK did you get that flower?!

2. Fight vs. Abazigal
    Same playthrough. Anomen popped the question during the fight. The most hilarious thing ever.

Well, that happens, when you don't patch your game -.-