Skip to content

Getting the resolution right for NWEE on modern computers

WillowbarkWillowbark Member Posts: 50
edited January 2021 in General Discussions NWN:EE
I'm having an awful time getting this game to work on my Win 10 64 machine.

First off, when I load the game the menu is so tiny I can't read it. I can't adjust anything properly because I can't see any of the options. The text is just too small in most cases.

I was able to get the menu bigger by adjusting the scale (?) from 1 to 3, but when the game starts, I can't see the spell menus at the bottom of the page. They're cut off.

And even though the character creation menus were big enough to read after adjusting the scale (?) to 3 from 1, the in-game menus are still miniscule.

What information do you need to help me out? What should I be attaching?

I'd love to play this game again after all these years, but this is pretty frustrating.
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    what RES are you playing at? 4k ? 8k? i play the game at 2kand when i set it to scale 2 everything was perfectly fine

perhaps worse case scenario if you set the RES to 2k and set the scaling to 2 then you should be good to go?
  • WillowbarkWillowbark Member Posts: 50
    I can't even see the menus so changing the resolution is impossible.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    what about changing the resolution on your desktop first? i think NWN will match whatever your desktop is and once it matches that lower one it will stay there until you increase it