Skip to content

Should I Complete My Dad's Run?

In the Summer of 2017, I finally convinced my Dad to pick up a run of Baldur's Gate after having not played the game in nearly a decade and never completing the whole trilogy. He created an archer named Oliver (we're both big DC fans) and got about 1/3 of the way into Siege of Dragonspear before his health took a turn for the worst in July and he never got to finish. He died that December.

Last year I finally acquired the save file from my Dad's game and I've been sitting on it for a while not really sure what to do. I don't know whether it would honor him more to leave the game exactly as it was or to finish it. I was hoping to get some insight from you guys.
  1. Should I Complete My Dad's Run?22 votes
    1. Yes
      95.45%
    2. No
        4.55%
StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovArviaFlashburnspacejawsAerakarTimbo0o0o0

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    My condolences for your loss. :( As for your question... The gamer in me says "No", because the thought of somebody else (whether it be a friend, a parent or a child) picking up my save games and then potentially taking a very different path from what I would have done just makes me cringe. ("It's MY game! NO TOUCHIE!") But... the son in me says "Yes", because it might be a very personal way of grieving/saying goodbye, the same way some people find solace or catharsis in going through the belongings of their deceased loved ones and either reminiscing on old memories, or possibly discovering a side to them you never knew existed.
    ArviaJuliusBorisovspacejawsAerakar