Skip to content

FLASHER MASTER BRUISER MATES

KozaroKozaro Member Posts: 71
I had to houserule the game yet again, cause this - pretty potent - ammunition - could be fired from any type of device, which is ridiculous to me. My Jan Jansen will never switch to another projectile launcher besides FMB, truly ingenious device.

Are there any mods that can permanently 'lock' Jansen's crossbow to character of his? It would be simplest solution for the issue which was not taken care of for hmmm... 20 years? Noone seems to notice how overpowered these missiles are... Also, it seems ridiculous for them to be fired faster, or more accurately from totally different type of launchers. 3cam0q7p3qi1.png
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited December 2020
    Go look up community response to Beamdog's changes to Poison Weapon and figure out why they try to avoid changing this sort of thing.
    Post edited by Tresset on
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Jan's Bruiser Mates and Launcher are restricted to be usable only by Jan in BGEE, and not even Use Any Item gets around that.

Restricting the Bruiser Mates to usable only with the Launcher? That's harder. The game just isn't set up for that. Off the top of my head, I can't think of how I'd do it.
  • KozaroKozaro Member Posts: 71
    It could probably be locked in his inventory, like Boo in Minc's potions section.
    That would just be a lost inventory space; you wouldn't be able to equip it at all. Bad idea.
  • KozaroKozaro Member Posts: 71
    I see, I'll check the Poison Weapon thread then...
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited December 2020
    There are far, far more broken and OP things in this game. By lategame Bg2/ToB the save makes it fairly useless vs foes you really would want to stunlock.
    Now, kuo-toa bolts fired by a warrior - those are good at stunlocking. At a three-round duration and with at least 2.5 attacks per round, you're looking at something like seven chances to have them fail the save and reapply the stun. Or you could spread it around. They also do excellent damage, unlike the bruiser mates.

Most enemies use warrior save arrays, which mean that even epic foes tend to need a six or more. It's the spellcasters you'll have trouble with; liches save vs spell on a 1. Also, anything that needs +2 or better to hit.