Skip to content

Viconia Romance - Possible Bug?

Hello everyone,
I'm having some problems with Viconia's romance route. Minor spoiler ahead.
I did the fight with Lolth's agents and had the "get away from my sight/ are those tears?" dialog, the one corresponding to LT=73. Fittingly, it all happened in the Underdark. Alas, no more dialogs were had. Bodhi didn't turn her in a vampire and the romance never ended. I though that it would continue in ToB, but right now I'm in the area before Sendai's enclave and nothing happens.
So I did a little check with the console and it says that the ViconiaRomance value is 1, and LT=77, while I read online that the "LT cap" should be 76. So I changed it accordingly via console (SetLocal 75 etc.), but still nothing. I waited a while (irl hours), then I used the AdvanceRealTime a few times and still nothing. So I figured the problem was triying to end the romance in ToB, and I loaded the old save in SoA, right at the beginnig of chapter 6 - I guessed I'll have to replay the whole ending, but I'm ok with it. However, I checked and LT is already 77 right after the Underdark! How is it possibile? Did anyone have the same problem? Can it be fixed with the console - if so, how?
If I just have to wait for some plot triggers or whatnot in ToB, then I'd prefer not to have big spoilers - I only know that her alignment is supposed to change to true neutral.
Sorry for the wall of text!
iosfrustration

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if you got the lolth agents to appear in the underdark and bodhi didn't change her into a vampire then your romance ended somewhere in chapter 6

did you sleep with phaere? if you did, that will end the romance right there

also, if you didn't have a special dialogue with viconia before going down into the undercity to fight irenicus that also means your romance is not active

also, when you were in the forest place where you give that which the 2 hearts in ToB and talked to the gorion shade thingy, if there wasn't some special banter there with viconia that also means the romance is not active
  • KesslannKesslann Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for your answer, sarevok57.
    I did sleep with Phaere, but I read online that Viconia wouldn't care, also her commet about finding my dark skin preference amusing made me think so. However, I'll trust your direct experience over the online guides. The only pre-Irenicus dialog I had with her is the "check" you have with each party member, so I guess the romance was already dead by then, and there wasn't any ToB banter.
    What is strange is that the ViconiaRomance value is 1, "romance progressing", and not 3 "romance ended". But again, maybe the guide I read isn't up to date.
    Do you know of any way to fix this via console? If so, should it be fixed in SoA or it can be done in ToB?
    If not, I'll just replay from the beginning of chapter 5 I guess.
    iosfrustration
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    What happened ... somehow you got all the way through the romance without actually committing. Bodhi only cares about committed relationships (ViconiaRomanceActive=2, in this case). This shouldn't be possible; certain talks give you no choice but to commit (2) or end it (3). But if that action didn't work right ...

Setting ViconiaRomanceActive to 2 should fix things for any future events, though of course not for past events unless you also revert to an older save.

There's nothing wrong with a LoveTalk value of 77; the last dialogue triggers at 76 and then Viconia's script increases it so the talk doesn't happen again.
    Kesslanniosfrustration
    jmerry wrote: »
    What happened ... somehow you got all the way through the romance without actually committing. [...] This shouldn't be possible; certain talks give you no choice but to commit (2) or end it (3). But if that action didn't work right ...

So weird!
    Setting ViconiaRomanceActive to 2 should fix things for any future events, though of course not for past events unless you also revert to an older save.

The last lovetalk has no in-game effects? If so, I guess I'll restart from the beginning of chapter 6 and set ViconaRomanceActive to 2 - this way Bodhi is going to be a "check".
    Thanks for your insight! Also, merry Christmas!
    sarevok57iosfrustration
    yup sleeping with phaere wrecks all the romances, so that is where things ended, make sure to stay away from her :)

just tell her that you can't because there is someone else that she doesn't know and she will think its some female from whatever fake town you are supposed to be from
    Kesslanniosfrustration
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    yup sleeping with phaere wrecks all the romances, so that is where things ended, make sure to stay away from her :)

Really?? Huh. I could have sworn that Viconia is the ONE person out of all the romances (even Dorn gets jealous and breaks up with you if you sleep with her) who, with careful dialogue, you can avoid trashing the romance even if you sleep with Phaere, since Viconia alone knows what's expected if a "mere male" gets commanded to satisfy a high-ranking female.

iosfrustrationAerakardunbar
    Bodhi only cares about committed relationships (ViconiaRomanceActive=2, in this case). [...] Setting ViconiaRomanceActive to 2 should fix things for any future events, though of course not for past events unless you also revert to an older save.

Set ViconiaRomance to 2 and Bodhi turned her, so everything worked just fine. Thanks again, mate.

Zaxares wrote: »
    sarevok57 wrote: »

Really?? Huh. I could have sworn that Viconia is the ONE person out of all the romances (even Dorn gets jealous and breaks up with you if you sleep with her) who, with careful dialogue, you can avoid trashing the romance even if you sleep with Phaere, since Viconia alone knows what's expected if a "mere male" gets commanded to satisfy a high-ranking female.

hmm interesting, last time i did this was eons ago, and i must have said the wrong thing because i remember it ending my romance, but this was back in the vanilla days
    Ended the game a few hours ago. Got the ending I wanted with Viconia, but I didn't manage to change her alignment - albeit I'm reading online that this shouldn't change her (a bit sad) ending. Weird, since I did atone Sarevok. Anyhow, I'm thanking you all once more, since this finale gave me a lot of good feels.
    Aerakarsarevok57