Skip to content

Bug: Host tower Lvl 4 (Android)

I have played through the OC up to the point of the Arcane brotherhood in Luskan. I am unable to use the lvl 4 markstone to produce the portal. The problem is the portal does not appear.

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    edited January 2019
    I'm having the same problem on Android. On all other floors, the fourth floor is an option, but no portal appears, and walking into the trigger does nothing.

I read that level 4 is optional, though.
    Post edited by Proleric on
    Reported as a bug on the Android site (NWN1-173).
    Workaround - there are three instances of the 4th floor portal stone. Two of them are bugged, but the third, found on the 8th floor, works OK.

There's no obvious difference between the stones.
  • CakerCaker Member Posts: 11
    Proleric wrote: »
    Workaround - there are three instances of the 4th floor portal stone. Two of them are bugged, but the third, found on the 8th floor, works OK

Unfortunately, all three 4th floor stones are bugged in Android version. I've just tried to open portal to 4th floor with all 3 stones in backpack as well as keeping each one of them separately. Failed in all cases. Well, seems I have to skip this part of the game.
  • JackofHearts86JackofHearts86 Member Posts: 1
    Yeah it sucks, that's the most fun floor too. With another demon to either banish or set free for a reward
  • ElvierianElvierian Member Posts: 1
    iOS version is also bugged.
  • MonkeyPaperworkMonkeyPaperwork Member Posts: 1
    Anyone figure out a workaround? Tried numerous things with no success. Any way to use debug commands to force it to load or fix? I'm on Android.
  • rasone77rasone77 Member Posts: 7
    This is still an issue- anyone figure a workaround yet? I am having the same issue= I’m going to try a few things and see if I can get it to work.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Hi there! This bug has been fixed by the last patch both on Android and iOS. However, it was a change to the module file so if you're playing an old save game, it won't be fixed in that.
  • MaladrilMaladril Member Posts: 2
    This is still not fixed in the latest patch. I just tested it. My save and module have been created in April 2021 and are with the latest Android version.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    @Maladril Can you please zip and attach your save?
  • MaladrilMaladril Member Posts: 2
    Sorry, I overwrote it and skipped the 4th floor entirely. I may re-do the chapter eventually and will keep that in mind to provide you with one.
  • amethysty3amethysty3 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2021
    I also have this problem. I started playing some time earlier this year, so I guess my save file is old? So far, I've only gotten two portal stones. Edit: I got the third stone, and I still cannot go to the 4th floor ...
    Post edited by amethysty3 on
    amethysty3 wrote: »
    I also have this problem. I started playing some time earlier this year, so I guess my save file is old? So far, I've only gotten two portal stones.

Correct.
    Hi there! This bug has been fixed by the last patch both on Android and iOS. However, it was a change to the module file so if you're playing an old save game, it won't be fixed in that.
  • amethysty3amethysty3 Member Posts: 2
    ... I am not sure if I will be playing this from the beginning again - took me a long time. This is chromebook version, so perhaps that's why?
  • HdelHdel Member Posts: 9
    Still a bug. Just ran into this myself. Any way to use console command to port to 4th floor?
    @Hdel Have you tried it in the beta of NWN:EE on Google Play?