Skip to content

Limited wish bug?

Playing BG EE in android. Imported my IWD EE character. When i cast limited wish djinn spawns but i cant talk to him. Says " Dao has nothing to say to you". Is this some kind of bug?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    edited December 2020
    While the Wish and Limited Wish spells are included in BGEE, the game's experience cap normally limits arcane characters to level 5 spells. Mages can't go past level 9 (or level 11 with SoD), and there aren't any available scrolls for level 6+ spells either.
    As such, there's no reason to fully implement Wish/Limited Wish with the genie's dialogue. You can cast the spell, but it doesn't do anything meaningful because that dialogue isn't there.

Most other high-level spells do work; this allows high-level NPCs like Liia Jannath or Halbazzer Drin to function properly. While those two don't actually cast high-level spells normally, they have some memorized if you charm them.
  • ThalanaarThalanaar Member Posts: 2
    jmerry wrote: »
    While the Wish and Limited Wish spells are included in BGEE, the game's experience cap normally limits arcane characters to level 5 spells. Mages can't go past level 9 (or level 11 with SoD), and there aren't any available scrolls for level 6+ spells either.
    As such, there's no reason to fully implement Wish/Limited Wish with the genie's dialogue. You can cast the spell, but it doesn't do anything meaningful because that dialogue isn't there.

Most other high-level spells do work; this allows high-level NPCs like Liia Jannath or Halbazzer Drin to function properly. While those two don't actually cast high-level spells normally, they have some memorized if you charm them.

Thank you very much.?