Skip to content

Where to install cep files on Android?

I purchased and installed NWN EE on my Samsung Tab S2, running Android 7.0, and I can run the oc's fine. But there is a server I'd like to play on, and it uses CEP, so I downloaded it from the vault and extracted the files to what I thought was the correct folder. However, the server tells me I am missing one or more hak files... I've verified with the module author that all the required haks were present in the cep download.

I placed the extracted folders in the following location: Internal Storage --> Android --> Data --> com.beamdog.nwnandroid --> files --> user

The folders copied into that folder were ambient, docs, erf, hak, modules, and tlk.

Did I place these folders in the correct location? Are the folder names correct? Or am I wrong and the problem lies elsewhere?

Thank you in advance for any help...

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,283
    That's the correct folder. The important thing to check is that the .hak files are in user --> hak and the .tlk file is in user --> tlk.

You should find that you now gave a log subfolder, containing a text log which tells you which hak is missing.
  • SkyraiderSkyraider Member Posts: 5
    Okay, I tried to connect to the server in question and, after it told me I was missing a hak file, I checked the nwclientlog1.txt file. After a series of nwsync messages about shards, it showed three error messages for error number 40964. The next line said: "*** ValidateGFFResource sent by user." The final line of the log file indicated the port being used by the game.

Not sure what ANY of that means.

Found another thread about the validategffresouce and made the changes recommended in the nwnplayer.ini file... basically enabling chat window, chat and death logging. Tried again... still got the 3 error # messages, but not the validategffresource line.

Also tried logging into a different server that doesn't require cep, and I was able to begin character creation.

So, any ideas what all this means?
    The errors you see in the log seem to happen to everyone and can be ignored.

What really puzzles me is that you have a missing hak message in game but not in log. I've never seen that in SP but perhaps PW is different?
    Two log files present, nwclientlog1.txt and another one named nwclienterror1.txt, which is empty.
    310pam1m6lxr.png

When I connect to the server, it shows the character vault briefly, with no controls enabled, then shows this. So it thinks one or more hak files is missing. The nwclientlog1.txt file looks like this:

nwsync: Migrations currently applied: 1
    nwsync: Shard 0 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 1 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 2 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 3 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 4 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 5 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 6 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 7 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 8 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 9 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 10 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 11 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 12 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 13 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 14 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 15 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 16 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 17 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 18 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 19 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 20 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 21 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 22 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 23 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 24 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 25 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 26 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 27 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 28 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 29 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Shard 30 available, Space Used: 24 KB
    nwsync: Storage at /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.beamdog.nwnandroid/files/user/nwsync/, Provider=1, Compression=2
    Error: 40964
    Game is using local port: [port # changes on each attempt]

This is getting old...
    I put a shout out on the Vault, as a lot of knowledgeable people hang out there.
    Grasping at straws, I notice there is a hak called cep2_add_races_A.hak, which isn't used much in SP. Try changing the capital A to lower case a (capital letters in file names don't work on Android or Linux).
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Thanks, I'll pass this one on to the PW host and see what he says.
  • m_malarikm_malarik Member Posts: 14
    I tried following the guide. I took all my extracted CEP folders from the zip and placed them in Android > Data > com.beamdog.nwnandroid > files > user.

I'm still getting an error message missing hak files when trying to log into CEp server on multiplayer.
    @m_malarik Worth checking that your hak file names are lower case, and in the hak subfolder of the path you mentioned.

Does the MP module you're playing require other haks, in addition to CEP?
    The race file has a capital A as the other posters. But when I tried renaming it to lower a it kept reverting back.

There are no other haks or mods in the module.

There were no pre-existing folders in my user file that matched the ones I extracted there. Last time I I installed cep (on PC) I had to add files into the pre-existing folders. Is EE just different or am I in the wrong place.
    You can definitely change upper to lower case, using, for example, a decent Android file manager like FX, or Windows Explorer on a USB linked PC.

To be explicit, the subfolder for the CEP haks is

Android/data/com.beamdog.nwnandroid/files/user/hak

It's OK to create subfolders. Game versions may indeed vary in which ones they create for you.
    Still having no luck getting onto "A Vagabond Clan Server" I did get the cep2_add_races_a file to a lowercase a. I made sure my files were all in the right folders in Android/data/com.beamdog.nwnandroid/files/user/ I even tried moving my ambient CEP file to the ambient folder in Android/data/com.beamdog.nwnandroid/files/data/.

Has anyone had an success/failures with a Galaxy A10e?
    What error are you getting? Have you checked the log?