Skip to content

[MOD] Improved Shamanic Dance

13»

Comments

• SoulfurySoulfury Member Posts: 2
    I think the Shaman class description in BG:EE is bugged; its showing a description of some boot item and if I don't install some things like the new spell, it says placeholder. This is specific to BG:EE as its fine in BG2:EE.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Soulfury wrote: »
    I think the Shaman class description in BG:EE is bugged; its showing a description of some boot item and if I don't install some things like the new spell, it says placeholder. This is specific to BG:EE as its fine in BG2:EE.

Did you use Modmerge before installing this mod?
  • SoulfurySoulfury Member Posts: 2
    Raduziel wrote: »
    Soulfury wrote: »

Did you use Modmerge before installing this mod?

Oh ok, thank you, that worked! Didn't realize BGEE needed it if you buy the expansion on steam!
    Raduziel
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    You're welcome. :)
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    New version: Improved Shamanic Dance v4.1

Changes:
    • Added Project Infinity metadata
    • Added German translation for WeiDU prompts
    • Added WeiDU SUPPORT information
    • Improved Dance detection for Shaman kits
    • Fixed Shaman class description in BG:EE
    • Internal fixes
    Grond0ALIENAedan
    New version: Improved Shamanic Dance v4.2

Changes:
    • Fixed compatibility issues with EE patch 2.6
    • Improved combat behavior of summoned spirits
    • Made component "Shaman-specific items" available for BG2:EE and EET
    • Fixed "Shroud of Souls" item effects
    Aaemforeverhook71hybridialAedan
  • BracchusBracchus Member Posts: 41
    The new armor you added is a pretty big game changer for this class, thank you! Been using this mod for quite a while now and while it's a big improvement, something about Shaman class itself just wasn't doing it enough for me. That item was very much needed, great job :)

I also cheated it a bit and got rid of the movement speed penalty. I feel like being unable to cast or attack was penalty enough for me, speaking for myself of course.

This plus the iwdification spells mod make an excellent pairing btw
    Bracchus wrote: »
    The new armor you added is a pretty big game changer for this class, thank you! Been using this mod for quite a while now and while it's a big improvement, something about Shaman class itself just wasn't doing it enough for me. That item was very much needed, great job :)

I also cheated it a bit and got rid of the movement speed penalty. I feel like being unable to cast or attack was penalty enough for me, speaking for myself of course.

This plus the iwdification spells mod make an excellent pairing btw

Some of the new items might be considered slightly overpowered because I made them primarily for IWD:EE. That's why they are available only rather late in the game.

While I agree that not being able to attack or casting spells is enough penalty for the dance, I would find it unrealistic if you could perform the dance without being impaired in your mobility. Dancing is more involved than, for example, singing after all.

And I agree, the Shaman class would be more interesting if there were more spells to choose from in BG(2). In that regard shamans in IWD are more useful.
    Aaemforever
    edited May 2021
    Found a rather large bug unfortunately that I've narrowed down to this mod. I started noticing that my Mord swords and other summons like Planetars just stand there and don't attack unless I manually click and move them. Uninstalled the mod for now and their behavior has returned to normal. Just started happening with your most recent 4.2 release. This bug is was present both in my Shaman game as well as other games with no Shaman in party. I'm currently on v2.5.16.6 of the game
    Bracchus wrote: »
    Found a rather large bug unfortunately that I've narrowed down to this mod. I started noticing that my Mord swords and other summons like Planetars just stand there and don't attack unless I manually click and move them. Uninstalled the mod for now and their behavior has returned to normal. Just started happening with your most recent 4.2 release. This bug is was present both in my Shaman game as well as other games with no Shaman in party. I'm currently on v2.5.16.6 of the game

Thanks for the report. I can confirm that it's caused by this mod. It'll be fixed in the next version (which is released shortly).

In the meantime you can install the bugfix mod attached below. It restores the combat scripts of summoned creatures if the the latest version of this mod is installed.
    BracchusAedan
    Awesome thanks!
    New version: Improved Shamanic Dance v4.3

This is purely a bugfix release that fixes a regression from mod version 4.2. If you have already installed version 4.2 and don't want to update the mod in a running game then you can install this bugfix mod instead.

Changes:
    • Fixed a bug that caused passive combat behavior of regular summoned creatures, devas and planetars
    Aaemforeverhook71
    argent77 wrote: »
    New version: Improved Shamanic Dance v4.3

This is purely a bugfix release that fixes a regression from mod version 4.2. If you have already installed version 4.2 and don't want to update the mod in a running game then you can install this bugfix mod instead.

Changes:
    • Fixed a bug that caused passive combat behavior of regular summoned creatures, devas and planetars

Yes! Thank you
  • stewelementstewelement Member Posts: 51
    I'm using Linux, on the 2.6 update of BGEE, and when I attempt to install 4.2 or 4.3 of this mod I'm unfortunately met with an error :

[A7#ImprovedShamanicDance/lib/functions.tph] PARSE ERROR at line 225 column 1-25
    Near Text: DEFINE_DIMORPHIC_FUNCTION
    GLR parse error

Looks like something's up with the function definition on DEFINE_DIMORPHIC_FUNCTION TO_HEX_NUMBER, possibly? I am not fluent enough with Weidu to pinpoint the exact cause.

I am running this at the tail end of a medium sized mod installation but it appears that the issue isn't related to my specific configuration (yet, anyway).

I appreciate the help. I do have an earlier version of this running on my IWD 2.5 install without any problems.
    edited July 2021
    I'm using Linux, on the 2.6 update of BGEE, and when I attempt to install 4.2 or 4.3 of this mod I'm unfortunately met with an error :

[A7#ImprovedShamanicDance/lib/functions.tph] PARSE ERROR at line 225 column 1-25
    Near Text: DEFINE_DIMORPHIC_FUNCTION
    GLR parse error

Looks like something's up with the function definition on DEFINE_DIMORPHIC_FUNCTION TO_HEX_NUMBER, possibly? I am not fluent enough with Weidu to pinpoint the exact cause.

I am running this at the tail end of a medium sized mod installation but it appears that the issue isn't related to my specific configuration (yet, anyway).

I appreciate the help. I do have an earlier version of this running on my IWD 2.5 install without any problems.

DEFINE_DIMORPHIC_FUNCTION is a new keyword that was added by the WeiDU version 247. You have to update the WeiDU installer to install the mod.

The latest WeiDU version can be found here: https://github.com/WeiDUorg/weidu/releases/latest
    hook71
  • stewelementstewelement Member Posts: 51
    @argent77 I updated weidu and that did the trick. Thank you!
    New version: Improved Shamanic Dance v4.4

Changes:
    • Added Russian translation (thanks dim-chek)
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Just for confirmation :

The mod is not compatible with the component "600 - Allow Shamans to move while dancing" from METweaks (Olvyn Tweaks) ?
    Mordekaie wrote: »
    Just for confirmation :

The mod is not compatible with the component "600 - Allow Shamans to move while dancing" from METweaks (Olvyn Tweaks) ?

Thanks. However, it looks like they don't really interfere with each other, since both mods make exactly the same modification to a specific game file. It shouldn't cause issues to install both mods together.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Greetings!

For shamanic pact from this mod and spacewarp from Test Your Mettle!, may we have these spells affected by Olvyn's Spell Tool so that these spells can be swapped by spontaneous casters in subtledoctor's mods?

Thankee!
    Endarire wrote: »
    For shamanic pact from this mod and spacewarp from Test Your Mettle!, may we have these spells affected by Olvyn's Spell Tool so that these spells can be swapped by spontaneous casters in subtledoctor's mods?

I've never used these mods, and I don't know how many players use them in their mod installation, so a feature like this isn't very high on my priority list. I'm always open for contributions though, if someone else want to make the necessary changes.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Hi @argent77

I've got a question about this part: "spirits won't listen to any shamans anymore but their own master."

Are you saying you managed to bypass the fact that LastSummonerOf() is lost upon saving & reloading...? If so, what are the relevant bits?
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited July 2023
    _Luke_ wrote: »
    Hi @argent77

I've got a question about this part: "spirits won't listen to any shamans anymore but their own master."

Are you saying you managed to bypass the fact that LastSummonerOf() is lost upon saving & reloading...? If so, what are the relevant bits?

OK, nevermind, I think I found it. Just for posterity, I'll post here a minimal working example:
    • "your_summoning_spl_file"
      • op309, resource="myvar", mode=1/increment, amount=1, target=1/Self
      • op67, resource="mycre", target=1/Self, timing_mode=1/Permanent
    • "mycre.cre" => 2 main scripts
      • First (higher slot, say SCRIPT_OVERRIDE):
        IF
        	Die()
        	Global("Summoner","LOCALS",1)
        THEN
        	RESPONSE #100
        		ActionOverride(Player1,SetGlobal("myvar","LOCALS",0))
        END

IF
        	Die()
        	Global("Summoner","LOCALS",2)
        THEN
        	RESPONSE #100
        		ActionOverride(Player2,SetGlobal("myvar","LOCALS",0))
        END

// Repeat for Player3, ... , Player6

• Second (lower slot, say SCRIPT_CLASS)
        IF
        	TriggerOverride(LastSummonerOf(Myself),Global("myvar","LOCALS",1))
        	InPartySlot(LastSummonerOf(Myself),0)
        	Global("Summoner","LOCALS",0)
        THEN
        	RESPONSE #100
        		SetGlobal("Summoner","LOCALS",1)
        		ChangeAIScript("",CLASS)
        END

IF
        	TriggerOverride(LastSummonerOf(Myself),Global("myvar","LOCALS",1))
        	InPartySlot(LastSummonerOf(Myself),1)
        	Global("Summoner","LOCALS",0)
        THEN
        	RESPONSE #100
        		SetGlobal("Summoner","LOCALS",2)
        		ChangeAIScript("",CLASS)
        END

// Repeat for Player3, ... , Player6

IF
        	TriggerOverride(LastSummonerOf(Myself),GlobalGT("myvar","LOCALS",1))
        THEN
        	RESPONSE #100
        		DestroySelf()
        END

Post edited by _Luke_ on
  • DraikenWeAreDraikenWeAre Member Posts: 99
    Hello @argent77, don't know what could possibly be wrong since everything of your mod installed without issue except for the shamanic pact spell.

When I try to install that, I get this
    8yswuvc4721o.jpg

I normally would have installed it prior in my install list, but I forgot, so I don't know if it's having an issue with another mod I may have , since I've installed it in the past with no issue.

Hello @argent77, don't know what could possibly be wrong since everything of your mod installed without issue except for the shamanic pact spell.

I normally would have installed it prior in my install list, but I forgot, so I don't know if it's having an issue with another mod I may have , since I've installed it in the past with no issue.

That appears to be a bug in the "Add Spell: Shamanic Pact" subcomponent of the mod because it makes an incorrect assumption about the Shaman ability table name. It is triggered by one of the F&P components.

I have attached a hotfix for the mod component. Unpack it into the "A7#ImprovedShamanicDance/lib" folder (confirm overwriting the old file). Afterwards the component should install correctly.
  • DraikenWeAreDraikenWeAre Member Posts: 99
    @argent77 thank you honestly, works just as you said now , just really suprised you answered me so quickly.

Normally it feels very despairing when technical issues occur , like you don't know when or if the thing will get fixed.

But here you are answering me just an hour after.

Thank you.
    New version: Improved Shamanic Dance v4.5

Changes:
    • Fixed a conflict between subcomponent "Shamanic Pact" and the "Faiths and Powers" mod