Skip to content

Constantly the same items in OC campaign

scanascana Member Posts: 3
Hey everybody,

me and two of my friends are playing the OC campaign.
The problem is that whenever we pick up/find any cloak of the game, it is the white one with Protection From Evil or the Elven One (which boosts hiding skill).
We are already in the second act and we have tons of those and nothing else.

The same situation is with belts - all that we get are Sashs of Shimmering.
Seems definitely like a bug - has anyone had any issue like this? If so, did you find the solution?

At first it was funny, now it's really annoying.

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Even in the stores? If even in the stores all you're finding is copies of those two cloaks, then yeah, it's a bug or possibly a mod conflict. It's been a while since I played the OC, but unlike some other D&D games, usually the best gear in NWN is either bought from stores or self-crafted (in certain mods and campaigns). Unless a particular creature is equipped with specific gear (and is scripted to drop them), loot in NWN from containers is randomly generated according to your class. I'm not sure what classes you and your friend are running, but that might explain why you're always getting the same items.
  • scanascana Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2021
    Priest, Warrior/Barb, Rogue/Shadow Dancer

I just logged in to check the blacksmith in Port Llast - I only noticed one belt in store - which of course is a Sash of Shimmering.
    Three cloaks - Elven one, and two other (which is fine I guess).

I used to play the OC long time ago and I may not remember correctly, but I don't recall being so disappointed in the loot while playing :disappointed:

While I understand that the best stuff is buy-able and craft-able, it is extremely weird that we keep getting the same three items all the time.

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    what level are your characters? you could just be getting bad rolls on the loot table

i believe every 5 levels for the most part is when the treasure table updates ( with some items requiring a minimum level like hammer of thunderbolts requiring level 17 )

i believe once you hit level 11 that is the "3rd" tier table and you will probably get those items less, if not you should definitely get different stuff once you hit level 16+
  • scanascana Member Posts: 3
    We are all at level 8. And we don't have any mods installed as well.
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    i believe once you hit level 11 that is the "3rd" tier table and you will probably get those items less, if not you should definitely get different stuff once you hit level 16+

I will report back when we reach level 11.
    I swear, we have collected at least 20 of those belts and even more cloaks (and we have never found any other).

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i do recall having a run where i received quite a few belts of sash of shimmering in one run, although i dont think it was 20, but more like 5 or 6