Skip to content

[Infinite Dungeons] Where are areas such as (2,3) and (2,1)?

Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 241
edited September 2020 in General Discussions NWN:EE
I'm on a quest which requires me to explore these areas: (2,3) (2,1) (1,2) (3,3)

How do I know where those areas are?

Comments

• R_TEAMR_TEAM Member Posts: 35
    we had to find that out first....
    Go you down from the storage room with "little Timi" - you are (as expected) in Lvl 01
    If you use the dungeon map tool - it makes a map on the floor of the dungeon - EVERY room here is a complete map aera - so "one" level is at max 9 aeras ...
    only when you find the area (room on map) with the Stair down symbol, here is a stair down to the first aera of Lvl 02 ...
  • Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 241
    edited September 2020
    R_TEAM wrote: »
    we had to find that out first....
    Go you down from the storage room with "little Timi" - you are (as expected) in Lvl 01
    If you use the dungeon map tool - it makes a map on the floor of the dungeon - EVERY room here is a complete map aera - so "one" level is at max 9 aeras ...
    only when you find the area (room on map) with the Stair down symbol, here is a stair down to the first aera of Lvl 02 ...

Thanks, but I already know that. My question is about deciphering those numbers.

I believe I had explored all locations in the nine areas of that level. But the quest is still not completed. When I talked to the quest giver, he said I still haven't explored the areas he told me.
  • R_TEAMR_TEAM Member Posts: 35
    mhh - then i cant help - have just started to play the infinitie dungeon modul .......
  • CakerCaker Member Posts: 11
    Ian579 wrote: »
    Thanks, but I already know that. My question is about deciphering those numbers.

I believe I had explored all locations in the nine areas of that level. But the quest is still not completed. When I talked to the quest giver, he said I still haven't explored the areas he told me.

It seems the first number is row, the second is column (on general level map).

The trick it that every area affected by such exploration quest should be completely uncovered, including the secret areas. At the same time, many areas contain secret rooms which simply cannot be revealed and accessed (I guess there are rooms reserved for accessing via portal created by successfully solved puzzle - if no puzzle generated when the whole area accessed for the first time, such room will never be opened). Some rooms are buggy and you cannot leave them once stepped inside (especially often this happens in 'illithid tunnels' map type). And finally, sometimes few areas on the level are inaccessible since no doors are leading there from neighbouring maps (level generation bug?) - but these maps still may be the target of exploration quest.

After several frustrating tries to complete such quests, I've decided to accept them only if there are no more than 3 target areas offered for exploration. If there are too much targets, the chance you'll never complete the task by above reasons is too high, don't waste your time.

I've managed to complete about 1/2 of exploration quests with 1-3 target areas :)