Skip to content

BG1EE to BG2EE Import Items like vanilla exploit...

AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
Searched for this as I thought someone would have already made it, but I could not find it anywhere...

This file just needs to be dropped into the override.

It stops your items being destroyed.

However it will mean you will be waving weapons at Jon from inside your cage. (My mage had a staff, the poor thing needed it to help him stand... Bless Jon for his small mercies.)

And it will duplicate items that are on the import list (two sets of Golden Pantaloons? Surely not possible in the same universe!)

Oh well... I'm not a modder really and nothing is perfect.

Still I think you will agree with me... Some people may want this...

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I figured out how to not replicate items if people really want this...
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Hmm... just an idea to make life harder for you, but what about putting 1/3 of your items at randommon the table, and spread the rest as so: 1/3 distributed throughout the 'fences' in Athkatla. Maybe even 2/3 to the fences? Perhaps Jonny needed some money? Charname after BG1 is richer than most non-epic level chatacters in terms of disposable income, maybe THATS why he kidnapped you! "Oh, snap! This rich adventurer is a Bhaalspawn too?! Best! Crime! Ever!"

I can see yours is more of a convinience thouh, this is more weird. Heck, being able to buy the items you lost that are unique might be interesting, but realisticly, we all just want the darn cloak. :p
    That would be awesome.

In fact, highly ideal. Because that is what did happen.

But, I'm learning. Reading a lot of scripting, creating simple items at the moment. To create the current file (mod? Really? Nah...) All that was required was deleting stuff. I would need to script things in. Something, I am only just beginning to do.

(People like @CrevsDaak‌ may be able to do it if you offer him a cookie and a promise to like every post he has ever made.)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Anduin said:

(People like @CrevsDaak‌ may be able to do it if you offer him a cookie and a promise to like every post he has ever made.)

I am actually doing this, but it's too time-consuming since I have to design several locations for each item :/ but I'll get it done in some time... Soon...
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @CrevsDaak any news/updates/progress?
    @ALIEN so far I've only designed how it's going to work and wrote two scripts (out of ten? IDK). I'll start working on it again today (maybe tomorrow).
    @CrevsDaak So maybe it's much easier to create weidu code which will enable vanilla exploit without overwriting area file?
    ALIEN said:

CrevsDaak So maybe it's much easier to create weidu code which will enable vanilla exploit without overwriting area file?

Actually I'm creating in-game scripts to randomize the items thorough the game, specially in thugs/thieves shops in Athkatla, in Irenicus' Dungeon and in other shady places (like the Thieves' Guild, some not-so-valuable ones in random houses, et cetera).

I could modify the script with a WeiDU in a second, hold on, lemme do it.
    Here it is @ALIEN, Enjoy guys and visit www.urstuff2athkatla.com :D
    @CrevsDaak Wonderful, thank you!
    @CrevsDaak I think this needs advertising and housed in its own mod in its own dedicated thread.

It is too good to languish here.
  • ironicironic Member Posts: 3
    Anduin wrote: »
    Searched for this as I thought someone would have already made it, but I could not find it anywhere...

This file just needs to be dropped into the override.

It stops your items being destroyed.

However it will mean you will be waving weapons at Jon from inside your cage. (My mage had a staff, the poor thing needed it to help him stand... Bless Jon for his small mercies.)

And it will duplicate items that are on the import list (two sets of Golden Pantaloons? Surely not possible in the same universe!)

Oh well... I'm not a modder really and nothing is perfect.

Still I think you will agree with me... Some people may want this...

Thank you very much for this mod.

I don't use it to import my BG1EE char to BG2, but import my BG2-TOB char to BG2-SOA. The file (AR0602.BCS edited on 02/10/2014) works well, but the latter one has a bug in my BG2-SOA.

With this mod, I can carry my TOB items to pass through SOA in LOB difficulty. I get this achievement and It is much easier than I thought.

Thank you again!