Skip to content

[portraits] Irenicus

tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
edited July 2022 in BGII:EE Mods
Just a portrait file that I worked on. This is my personal edit of the official portrait from the Forgotten Realms wiki. In the original crop, his hand is holding a flame that obscures the lower left side of the portrait; this had to be carefully removed, and his original outfit recreated. You may notice that I also partially matched the background to the Hooded Man from SOD, and I tweaked his scarring to make it slightly more prominent, better matching his appearance in the second-to-last SOD cutscene. This was done to match another portrait I released with my own subtle tweaks to SOD's Hooded Man available here. I think the Hooded Man and Irenicus now match quite well, looking like the exact same person. I also wanted Irenicus to have cold, dead eyes to reflect his soulless nature. The colors and many other details have been altered to match the color scheme and style of other official BG2 portraits.

vpfzqdnrm55k.bmp

My goal above all else was to match the original BG2 companion portrait style as closely as possible (including eye height, head size, and art style). Works well with a mod that enlarges NPC portraits in dialogue, like Dragonspear UI++.

You'll have to rename the Irenicus file to NJONL.bmp, then copy it twice and rename those to NJONM.bmp and NJONS.bmp then put these into your OVERRIDE folder in your game directory.
Post edited by tl1942 on

Comments