Skip to content

Can't find Conlan's son or Mother Egenia

I've just cleared out levels one and two of Dragons Eye and freed the villagers on level one. I thought that Mother Egenia and Conlan's son were somewhere on the second level? Have they been removed for some reason?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    edited January 2021
    They are both on level 2 of Dragon's Eye, but there are a number of twists and turns there so it is easy to mistakenly believe you've cleared it out when in fact there is more to find. Also note, Conlan's son isn't labeled as such and you won't finish that quest unless you talk to the generic villager who happens to be him.
  • ThoriumThorium Member Posts: 36
    Also, Conlan's son is in a different cave than the other villagers (the cave can be hard to notice, but it is more near to the entrance of the level, before the wooden bridge).

Mother Egenia, on the other hand, should be quite easy to spot. The only thing that comes to my mind is that for me it happened once that the enemies attacked Egenia (after I had fled the battle on the first time because my party was being overrun). But that has happened only once during several runs.
  • SteellordSteellord Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for the response! I did miss some places on the map. Rescued the boy, and now trying to defeat the trolls and priestesses, grrr!
  • kalekale Member Posts: 53
    Steellord wrote: »
    Thank you for the response! I did miss some places on the map. Rescued the boy, and now trying to defeat the trolls and priestesses, grrr!

I always do this battle on the way back to Kuldahar, because on the way down towards the lower levels of Dragon's Eye, this is - at least for me - one of the toughest battle in the whole game. The disadvantage is that if you do this battle after having defeated the end boss in the dungeon, Mother Egenia seems to disappear (you can still spawn her via console and finish the quest). I haven't tried it, but doing this encounter just before you challenge the end boss should work (and of course you'll be more experienced at that point...).

Just in case this is giving you a hard time.