Skip to content

Party Comp Help!

Hey all, been a sec!
I started a playthrough on the original version of BG2 for nostalgia reasons and I'm having a blast. I rolled a half-orc fighter with grandmastery in axes with plans on focusing on throwing them. I'm trying to organize my party and I need some assistance.

Currently my party is
  • Charname (fighter)
  • Keldorn
  • Yoshimo (keeping Yoshimo mod installed, going to dual to fighter)
  • Jaheira
  • Aerie

I'm torn between bringing another wizard aboard or Anomen, as he fits my party perfectly roleplay-wise. Any advice? I'm pretty attached to most of the characters, which is why it's been hard to decide whether one wizard is enough for the whole game. My PC is versatile enough to tank in a pinch, and I really want to keep Jaheira around to cast Insect Plague a lot.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    One wrinkle: what are you going to do during the downtime when Yoshimo doesn't have his thief skills? Unlike BG1, there aren't large swaths of the game entirely devoid of traps and locks.

And if you pick up another thief - well, that thief is going to be a mage too.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    edited February 2021
    In my mind, Keldorn and Anomen fill a similar role in that they both dispel at a high caster level and both dish out solid melee DPS. Whereas you don't have a single or dual-classed mage who will receive 9th level spells in a timely fashion.
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    @jmerry @jsaving thank you both! I think you both pointed out some really good info. I completely forgot about dual downtime, oops. I think I'll bring Nalia along for the time being then, so I have some thief redundancy as well as a mage to toss spells around! I haven't actually beaten the game with Imoen around either, so that should be perfect.