Skip to content

Fighter/Mage/Thief Solo playthrough

I'm about to start an Elf fighter/mage/thief solo playthrough but am wondering about the companions.

Obviously I'd like to do their quests (one at a time, of course), but am wondering about dismissing them.

Has anyone used the Friendly Arms as a gathering place for most of your companions?

Can you even do that?

Your opinions on how to play a f/m/t and companions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Without mods, all of the non-Beamdog companions in BGEE stay where you leave them when they leave the party. The four companions added by the EE each return to specific places - outside the Friendly Arm for Baeloth, inside the Friendly Arm for Dorn and Neera, Nashkel for Rasaad.

You talk about playing "solo" but also about companions - what, exactly, are the rules you intend to impose on yourself?
  • DaelonDulucDaelonDuluc Member Posts: 15
    jmerry wrote: »
    Without mods, all of the non-Beamdog companions in BGEE stay where you leave them when they leave the party. The four companions added by the EE each return to specific places - outside the Friendly Arm for Baeloth, inside the Friendly Arm for Dorn and Neera, Nashkel for Rasaad.

You talk about playing "solo" but also about companions - what, exactly, are the rules you intend to impose on yourself?

I had originally intended to just play solo, but I am unsure how to RP being a total tool and saying "no-thanks" to everybody (especially Imoen).

My thought is just to meet them, do their initial request and then ditch them.

On the whole I just want to go alone.

Do you think it's better just to be a tool and not bother with them at all?
  • AngulimalaAngulimala Member Posts: 82
    If you're interested, you can do Neera and Rasaad's quests without them. Take them into your party every couple days to progress their conversations. I think you might need to actually travel a few days with Neera, I don't remember. As their conversations progress, their quest areas open up. With Rasaad, you need to talk to him 2 or 3 times then travel to the Docks in BG city and do a minor encounter there. Then his final quest area opens up. You can travel to these areas alone, and when they are required, the NPCs will appear and speak their lines. All xp is yours alone, though, if that's what you're interested in.

Are you playing with any mods, NPC project, anything like that?

Even if you don't do any companion quests, there's way more than enough xp for one solo f/m/t. I don't personally find the companion quests add much unless I'm striving to be completionist.