Skip to content

Cursor not working in Infinity Engine games.

Lately, when I try to get into my infinity engine games (BG I & II, SoD and IWD), my cursor doesn't show up anywhere on the screen and tabbing doesn't highlight any options. It started on modded versions, but I restored to vanilla and I'm still having the same problem. I only have 4GB RAM, I hope that's not the problem.

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    That doesn't seem likely to be caused by the games. Have you tried reinstalling your mouse driver?
  • Aluka77Aluka77 Member Posts: 8
    Grond0 wrote: »
    That doesn't seem likely to be caused by the games. Have you tried reinstalling your mouse driver?

It didn't make a difference. Sorry.
    Aluka77 wrote: »
    Lately, when I try to get into my infinity engine games (BG I & II, SoD and IWD), my cursor doesn't show up anywhere on the screen and tabbing doesn't highlight any options. It started on modded versions, but I restored to vanilla and I'm still having the same problem. I only have 4GB RAM, I hope that's not the problem.

The cursor "works" if that makes sense. I can hear it, I'm able to click through the loading screens, and occasionally, through sheer luck, I'm able to find a button by clicking randomly. I just can't see it.
    Also, it works fine on Neverwinter Nights and everywhere else.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    edited February 2021
    You could try enabling / disabling the hardware mouse cursor within BG (in options / graphics) to see if that helps.
    Grond0 wrote: »
    You could try enabling / disabling the hardware mouse cursor within BG (in options / graphics) to see if that helps.

How do I do that without being able to see the cursor in the first place?
    I got it solved. Turns out I needed to uncheck the display pointer trails box in the control panel.