Skip to content

Mod that changes strength ability score?

ensbanaensbana Member Posts: 80
I’ve just re-installed BG2 together with a few mods for a new playthrough. I suspect that one of the mods has somehow changed all my character’s strength to 25. I’ve tried using EEKeeper to remedy this, but the thing is the ability score in the character screen is of color green, indicating that I’m getting a bonus on strength from some source, so changing the innate scores doesn’t help. What could be the reason and how do I fix this?

Here’s the Weidu.log file fyi.

Comments

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited February 2021
    Are you equipped with or using an item that boosts a character's STR? Some potions could do it, as do Crom Faeyr. Maybe some shapeshifting effects did it.
  • _DD__DD_ Member Posts: 42
    Do you have story mode active?
  • ensbanaensbana Member Posts: 80
    Endarire wrote: »
    Are you equipped with or using an item that boosts a character's STR? Some potions could do it, as do Crom Faeyr. Maybe some shapeshifting effects did it.

I’m only at the early part of the game so don’t have Crom Faeyr. Plus all my characters have that stats :(.
    _DD_ wrote: »
    Do you have story mode active?

I did, to speed up the early parts. But I turned it off once I got out of the dungeon at the beginning.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Definitely story mode. But you turned it off ...

Story mode is controlled in baldur.bcs; it has blocks that cast one spell on party members when you turn the mode on and another when you turn it off. Have any of your mods changed that file? It's possible one introduced a bad block that is preventing later parts of the script from executing.