Skip to content

Too late to recruit Haer’ Dalis?

After rescuing Haer’ Dalis from the mage during the Unseeing Eye quest, I did a bunch of things before looking for him in the basement of the Five Flagons Inn. There were some people there, but as soon as I entered they disappeared. Haer’ Dalis said something about giving Raelis the Portal Gem himself. He took the gem, and then disappeared too. I couldn’t find him or the other actors anywhere. Am I too late to recruit him?

Comments

• LelandGauntLelandGaunt Member Posts: 83
    Heya. If I remember correctly, after finishing the planar prison quest, Haer'Dalis won't be in the Inn's basement, but on the first floor, close to the bar. Keep an eye out for a guy with a flaming blade ;)
  • ensbanaensbana Member Posts: 80
    Heya. If I remember correctly, after finishing the planar prison quest, Haer'Dalis won't be in the Inn's basement, but on the first floor, close to the bar. Keep an eye out for a guy with a flaming blade ;)

I actually haven’t done the planar prison quest yet. Haer’ Dalis and the other actors disappeared right after I released him from the mage in the sewer and he returned to the Five Flagons Inn.
  • LelandGauntLelandGaunt Member Posts: 83
    Oh, then I completely misunderstood you there, sorry. Kind of thought you had finished both quests and just couldn't find Haer'Dalis... so you're technically in between the two quests (rescue from wizard / rescue from prison), but the entire group of actors already disappeared but did NOT disappear through the portal at the upper left side of the stage in the basement? Hmm, now that's entirely new to me... maybe some quest-timer thing or so? Or... phew I don't know, a little reaching for straws here, but are you 100% sure that Haer'Dalis really took the Portal Gem himself? Maybe that didn't work as intended, the gem is still at the altar but needed to trigger the next events or something? Might be worth a try going back to Mekrath's place and checking that out. Apart from that, no idea what that's all about, sorry...
  • ensbanaensbana Member Posts: 80
    edited March 2021
    Yeah I will go back to Mekrath’s place and check. Worst case scenario, I will just use the console to call up Haer’ Dalis and Raelis. I think there was a change of scene between Haer’ Dalis giving Raelis the gem and her casting spell at the fire place. Maybe using the console that will trigger that change of scene.
    Post edited by ensbana on
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    ensbana wrote: »
    After rescuing Haer’ Dalis from the mage during the Unseeing Eye quest, I did a bunch of things before looking for him in the basement of the Five Flagons Inn. There were some people there, but as soon as I entered they disappeared. Haer’ Dalis said something about giving Raelis the Portal Gem himself. He took the gem, and then disappeared too. I couldn’t find him or the other actors anywhere. Am I too late to recruit him?

IIRC, if you decline to bring the gem to Raelis when he asks you, he snatches it from you and then disappears from the game.