Skip to content

Area Transition

How would I make an area transition undiscoverable by a PC, unless he's got a local variable stored on him allowing him to click the area transition?
The intent behind the proposed script is this: Lock the area transition until the PC has performed x task.

Comments

• QuilistanQuilistan Member Posts: 177
    I do stuff like this with an invisible object/placeable and a trigger. Enter the trigger fires the script, script checks for the variable/skill check/whatever, if its there create the invisible object which can be used to transition.

I haven't tried it with a trigger area transition.
  • NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    Note that if this is multiplayer, I don't believe there is a way to hide it for individual players. It will either be hidden from all or visible to all.
    If it is a single player module then you could do as @Quilistan suggested and create an invisible object or use an already existing invisible object and make it useable at some point with the SetUseableFlag function.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,283
    For single player, there is an easier way. Just apply a cutscene invisibility effect to the door until the player is eligible to use it.

A door can be placed anywhere - paint a door in a regular doorway, then adjust its location in the left-hand (area contents) palette. The "no visible door" appearance is often most appropriate, for things like gaps in trees or secret doors in walls.
  • ZephiriusZephirius Member Posts: 411
    Thanks fellows. Sorry for the belated reply. I'll give these a try.