Skip to content

Why Coran left my party suddenly ?

I accomplished Coran's request of hunting wyvern in the end of chapter 03, 53 days. The mission of "Wyvern hunting season" was labelled as "finished" in the quests interface.

Here my party reached the end of chapter 04, 92 days, however, Coran suddenly announced his departure.

Anyone knows why he left my party?

Thanks.

Comments

• islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    I'm running 2.3 and there's something weird about Coran's quest, he continues to complain he's wyvern to kill even it's already been finished but he never leaves the party for me, but his Characteristics in EEkeeper has "Permanent Corpse" box checked.
  • former_customerformer_customer Member Posts: 111
    Did you tell him that you were pregnant with his baby? That turns his circle yellow, and he'll run offscreen.

Dirtbag.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Did you turn in the Wyvern skull to the temple of Lathander?
  • MusouKazeMusouKaze Member Posts: 5
    ThacoBell said:

Did you turn in the Wyvern skull to the temple of Lathander?

Yeah, definitely I have done this task and that was the reason the quests interface showed the information as "I have been rewarded for delivering a wyvern head".
    ThacoBell

I'm running 2.3 and there's something weird about Coran's quest, he continues to complain he's wyvern to kill even it's already been finished but he never leaves the party for me, but his Characteristics in EEkeeper has "Permanent Corpse" box checked.

Seems you got similar problem as I faced, but Coran would leave my team.

Did you tell him that you were pregnant with his baby? That turns his circle yellow, and he'll run offscreen.

Dirtbag.

Nope, seems there was no such a choice to do so.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    This is strange.

There's a long-standing bug (inherited from the pre-EE version, IIRC) with the game not always realising that Coran's quest is complete. Even after the journal shows it as finished, the game has sometimes not noticed completion, so he disbands to go do it. (I guess it's probably caused by some global variable not always being updated to the correct value to mark the quest as finished, although I've no idea why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.)

However, I thought this bug had been fixed a couple of patches ago ... but it looks like it hasn't been.
    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    INFINITY!! *shakes fist*
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    Maybe it's a coincidence but I have noticed a few bugs have come back that had been fixed (atleast I thought they had) but have came back in the newest patch. Perhaps some bug check-in have mistakenly over ridden previous fixes.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2017
    At the moment, Coran's dialog requires that you kill a very specific wyvern. You'll find it in the Wyvern cave in Cloakwood. If you don't want to go back there and don't want Coran to leave then put in this console code

C:SetGlobal("CoranWyvern","GLOBAL",2)
    JuliusBorisov
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    elminster said:

Are you running any mods?

If your asking me, nope.
    Tho its equally possible im wrong. Its just a few bugs from Redmine which i had thought were fixed however they may in fact not have been fixed yet. Well only one really comes to mind. Bug #22788
    Maybe im reading it wrong and its not actually fixed yet. "Status: Submitted" - " Classification changed from C - Minor to Public Item" whatever that means.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2017
    Did you start your game before patch 2.0? If you've killed both of the adult wyverns in the cave then (as of 2.0) there shouldn't be any issues with the quest if you started your game after version 2.0.

http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/22573

Basically patch 2.0 renames one of the adult wyverns in that cave so that it had a unique script name. Coran's dialogue now checks to see if you've killed that particular wyvern (this was to fix a previous issue with Coran's quest).

Anyways, of you are experiencing this issue then put in the console code

C:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADCORWYVRN","GLOBAL",1)

(you can also use the console code I mentioned above, but this one is probably actually safer to use in case any mods out there use the "CoranWyvern" variable)
    ThacoBellMusouKazeJuliusBorisov
    elminster said:

Did you start your game before patch 2.0? If you've killed both of the adult wyverns in the cave then (as of 2.0) there shouldn't be any issues with the quest if you started your game after version 2.0.

http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/22573

Basically patch 2.0 renames one of the adult wyverns in that cave so that it had a unique script name. Coran's dialogue now checks to see if you've killed that particular wyvern (this was to fix a previous issue with Coran's quest).

Anyways, of you are experiencing this issue then put in the console code

(you can also use the console code I mentioned above, but this one is probably actually safer to use in case any mods out there use the "CoranWyvern" variable)

This suggestion works!
    Thank you very much dude!
    elminster
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    Just an FYI, this bug is still causing issues in fresh install/games in 2021. :neutral:
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Baptor wrote: »
    Just an FYI, this bug is still causing issues in fresh install/games in 2021. :neutral:

Please zip and attach a save if you encountered this bug in the 2.6 beta. In case it's a save from 2.5, please enable the console and enter the following commands there:

C:SetGlobal("CoranWyvern","GLOBAL",2);
    Gusinda