Skip to content

Trial of the lure master

I am stuck in the trial of the lure master, first how do you kill Revenants?, second I can not access the Eastern battlements above the entrance to the Helm area. Can anyone help with this please?

Thanks

Stuey

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    revenants can only die by fire like trolls

is it possible to post a screenshot on which entrance you may be talking about?

because im not sure if its the one im thinking but i recall the one entrance is a little hard to see to getting into the place where the revenants are, but assuming you are there, then it should be no problem?

if you are in the dungeon area that is filled with revenants, ghosts, teleporter dudes and the bladed skeleton guys, there are lots of "secret" doors everyway in that place, so you might just have to put on detect traps and scout out a bunch of walls to see if you find them
  • StueyStuey Member Posts: 5
    thanks for the help sarevok57, can you get on to both battlements though?
    battlements?
    I have sorted the problem now, was a bug. When I reloaded it worked right. I am now stuck in the Jackal's cave and need help solving the riddle? I know you need 5 gems, but am not sure what to do with them?
    hookay so what you need to do, is turn those 5 gems into their "flawless" versions

now its been a while so my memory may be a little fuzzy but i think its something on these lines;

you will notice that there are 5 cave entrances in the jackal cave area, in each cave there is a gem, and what you need to do is bring that gem to a certain altar in one of those cave areas ( i believe the altar is in the cave in the middle of the jackal area.... you will have to test them all out )

so what you do is place the gem on the altar and when you finally find the correct altar ( i believe this will be the same altar to turn all the gems into their flawless versions ) the gem will disappear and you will need to go back to the area where you found it and in the chest will have the flawless version

i pretty sure its something on those lines

and then once you have the 5 flawless gems, you place them in the appropriate slots at the star looking teleporter thingy ( if you get a slot wrong i believe a demon or something gets summoned )

its sounds tricky at first, but once you figure it out, its actually quite simple, although there WILL be a lot of back tracking from what i remember
    Thanks for your help again sarevok57, I will try this out.
  • RogerRogerRogerRoger Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2021
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    what you need to do is bring that gem to a certain altar in one of those cave areas

If I may venture a correction here, the container that turns the gems into flawless ones is a chest not an altar.
    The gems will disappear from the chest and reappear transformed at their corresponding altar.

RR -
    RogerRoger wrote: »
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    what you need to do is bring that gem to a certain altar in one of those cave areas

If I may venture a correction here, the container that turns the gems into flawless ones is a chest not an altar.
    The gems will disappear from the chest and reappear transformed at their corresponding altar.

RR -

ah, my bad, as i said, its been a little while since i've played TotLM so my memory was a bit fuzzy wuzzy on that one, i knew it had something to do with altars and chests, and if i were actually playing the dungeon i would have had my memory refreshed on the matter thanks for the clear up RR :)
  • HafirHafir Member Posts: 97
    I made 3 IWD EE runs and none time I saw that stone mages in TotLM caves, why is that?
    Hafir wrote: »
    I made 3 IWD EE runs and none time I saw that stone mages in TotLM caves, why is that?

somtimes if you are lucky and possibly fast enough you can avoid them, other times not so much, i forget the exact script that makes the come, but they are indeed annoying, get those crushing weapons ready and cast shield on yourself before fighting them
    third time without them, maybe someone else know, I started looking gems from far right cave, I thought I will get some extra exp. And do you know how many spectral heroes appear in the final battle? I want to follow bard request and send them all back...
    i think there may be infinite pairs of spectral knights in the final battle?
    edited March 2021
    I read in one solution that there are 13 waves but today I had just 5 or 6 heroes not sure
    When I last played through this section, 6 spectral knights appeared for me.